“Unpleasant”
Review of Doukenie Winery

Doukenie Winery
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Hillsboro
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Quite disappointing. In my opinion terrible wine. Cheap low-quality cheeses and meats. Stale bread with water added to re-heat. Everything in this place reeks of low-class, mediocre, sub-standard, overly commercialized, "big-box" type impersonal factory, especially the ambiance. The clientele seem happy to be there though. Loud and obnoxious. Hence the high rating.

1  Thank Anonymous A
in 8 reviews
"plan to return"
"wine tasting"
in 6 reviews
"nice selection of wines"
in 2 reviews
"look forward to going back"
"lovely setting"
"bread"
in 3 reviews
"take home"

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We were a group of 9 people who visited this property a little later in the evening and were openly welcomed and accommodated for a group tasting. Even though our group was a little chatty our server was patient enough to wait and explain us all the wines. They have a good collection of Red & White Wines. Our group favorites were the Reds. Plus some of them even took up the membership and bought a dozen bottles. This winery is a must visit if in the Purceville area.

Bill T, Manager at Doukenie Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you! We appreciate your patronage and sincerely hope you'll be back to see us soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

The wine was ok-to top it off it felt like our server was being more of a salesman than anything else. The prices were a bit high as well. The tasting room and the grounds are beautiful, the baklava was delicious, but the wines were just ok. Everyone was ranting and raving about these wines. I don't understand what all the fuss is about. More than likely I will not be coming back to this winery.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

It has been over a year since my last visit to Doukenie and I think they were just as good if not better than my previous visits. I love the fact that they open at 10am daily because this allows for me to space out my tastings for the day. It was a rainy Saturday when I visited, but I was warmly welcomed when I arrived. I was by myself and another gentleman who was picking up from their wine club, joined me to do a tasting. The gentleman who served us was super nice and as with previous visits, I was able to customize my wine tasting to do mainly the whites, plus one red and the Hope's Legacy. The Sauv Blanc was once again my favorite and I left with a bottle, also I got another piece of yummy baklava which I wish I could have bought a box of to take home with me. Great time, beautiful place and wonderful wines.

Bill T, Manager at Doukenie Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Thank you for your patronage. Please come back again soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 May 2018

Been to my share of wineries in the east and west coasts (Napa/Sonoma) over the years and this one ranks up there with the best of the best. Great variety of wines and tastes with an especially flavorful desert wine called "Hopes Legacy"! Was also a special treat to meet and chat with Hope herself, the daughter of the founder of this historic winery ("the Duchess"). Thank you to the staff for sharing the amazing story of this terrific winery and for your wonderful hospitality. Opa!!

We are thrilled you had a memorable experience! Come see Hope again soon!