“Great atmosphere & pizza! ”

Bella Luna Wood-Fired Pizza
Ranked #6 of 288 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bella Luna features hand-crafted, farm-fresh food in a warm and inviting environment. Located in the historic Livery Building in downtown Harrisonburg, Bella Luna offers wood-fired pizzas, hand-made pastas, fresh seasonal salads and sandwiches, and delectable desserts. The bar features a wide selection of local microbrews and hard ciders on tap, in addition to choice wines and artisan cocktails. Center stage at Bella Luna is an open kitchen with a massive, wood-fired oven. Guests are able to watch as their pizzas are hand-crafted and baked in the 900 degree oven. Our chefs follow a traditional, time-honored method of pizza-making, begun over 200 years ago in Naples, Italy. The intense high heat and live flame of the Bella Luna wood-fired oven creates textures and flavors which conventional pizza ovens cannot match. The oven uses a sustainable fuel source: local white oak. Bella Luna menu items are made from scratch daily, using the finest ingredients available.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for excellent pizza in a cool building try Bella Luna. Our server was also the bartender. He did an amazing job serving the bar & also the customer seated near the bar. We would recommend trying this restaurant.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Have a special specific pizza’s & beer interesting selections & combos. Great location & atmosphere. Good staff pleasant and knowledgeable
Gotta go back

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We always hit up Bella Luna after the State Track Meet. With 2 gluten free eaters in the family, it is nice to have a yummy place where we all get what we want. The pizza is outstanding with a wonderful selection. The gluten free crust is excellent (and I am not the gf eater). Service is always spot on. Love the atmosphere.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had dinner here one evening in early June. It is located in the downtown area, about one block from what I would consider the "main street". It is across the street from a large parking garage - so very convenient to park and walk.

Interior is wide open and nice - on this evening a portion was closed off as they were not very busy. Large tall ceilings and concrete floors - was not noisy that night, but I think it could be noisy when busy?

We had an "antipasto" appetizer - which had some unusual "pickled" offerings in addition to normal meats and cheeses - we would not order that again due to 3-4 items which had a pickled / sour taste. We had a pizza and a pasta dish - both of them were good.

We would eat here again.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

My co workers rave about this place. So I gave it a try TWICE. on the first visit the food was good although not WOW for the cost I would say MEH. The drinks were very well made and interesting so perhaps drinking is what I should have stuck with. The second visit I came for lunch. I am not a fan of pizza which may be why this place gets the rave review as my co workers are def pizza fans. So I had a squash sandwich lunch special. Mostly it was a piece of squash on bread with ALOT of spinach. Maybe Ill try it again whenever I get in the mood for pizza so if you are go if not go somewhere else.