US$156
HIExpress.com
Candlewood Suites - Hampton(Hampton)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$138
US$137
Hotels.com
US$166
All reviewshave stayed at severalroom was cleancoffee makerdesk clerkhotel stayconventioninterstatevirginia
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed. Sheets so dirty we had to have the front desk change them. The whole place was filthy. Only gave us 2 towels for 4 people and when we complained they said it was our fault because we only registered 2 adults which was not true! DO NOT STAY HERE

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
aaron j, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton Coliseum & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. As with all our rooms, we have a set amount in each room. If any more than that is needed, we do have items at the front desk upon request.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So there is a clearly regular parking lot party that runs on saturday nights (maybe more) until "about midnight" according to the front desk clerk. They have several tents set up, tables, chairs, food, and of course a super-loud stereo system. WTH! I have kids and payed $140 for our room!

I will NEVER stay at a Red Roof again.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Unfortunately this past weekend was a yearly event called the Hampton Jazz Festival which runs from Friday to Sunday. There are groups of people who at several local hotels host music and food in the parking lots for guests. I assure you that this is not the normal around here. Also, because of the event our rates demand the increase in price for your stay. If we can have a chance to show you our hotel normally, you will find a very quiet and pleasant place to stay.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We've stayed here multiple times, its clean, efficient, if you are attending a convention at the nearby convention center it is the best budget option The staff is friendly, and the parking is free.

Its great to have a true budget option in the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2018

After staying at the Days Inn across the street at least one day a week for work for FOUR YEARS, I opened my billfold the night of March 21 to check in to discover my driver's license was missing. Days Inn checked me in without incident. Since it takes over a week to get a replacement license, I didn't anticipate a problem the next week. WRONG!! I arrived there at 8 pm, an hour and a half away from home and needing to be at work at 7:30 am, to find they would not check me in, when they know me there and had checked me in the week before!! What on EARTH was I going to do??

THANK GOD the friendly staff at Red Roof accepted my interim license from the DMV. I literally do not know what I would have done.

The rooms here are small, there is no coffee maker unless you want to pay extra for a superior king room, the decor is kind of blah, and there aren't many channels on the TV. (They are trying to get you to buy a $20 movie on demand.) But, the rooms are clean and pretty up to date, everything works, and the towels are big, soft, and fluffy. They do not make up the bed if you stay over, but they do stop in with more towels and soap. I'm pretty sure my towels were brand new as they were leaving little fuzz balls all over the place.

The location is good and convenient and reasonably quiet. BUT, they do not have breakfast, or a pool, or even an in-room hair dryer. For these reasons I can't give this location more than three stars.

But, again, I have to give them a big shout out. Thank you SO much for your help two nights ago, guys. Without you I would have been sleeping in my CAR.

At least SOMEONE around here has common sense...

Room Tip: If not a superior king the rooms are a little on the small side and have no coffee maker.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
aaron j, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton Coliseum & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us a shout out sir. Unfortunately, some of our rooms do only have the ironing board and coffe makers which are our superior kings rooms, but we are going to be remodeling in the next few months and we will looking to put those items in ALL rooms.
We try to help and treat every guest the same and in any situation that we can. Maybe you will give us another chance to WOW you in the near future with some suprising new amenities.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

For a $60 motel, I thought my room was clean and neat. No major issues. Friendly check in. I would certainly stay here again.

Be aware this motel does not have an iron, coffee maker, or hair dryer in the room. They also do not serve breakfast.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Unfortunately we do not offer a breakfast, but we do offer coffee and tea 24 hours. As for the iron and coffee maker we are currently looking to put these amenities in once we renovate in a few months. Thank you again for taking the time to give us a review and hope that we can WOW you in the near future.