“Delicious Food, Fast Service”
Review of Uncle Julio's

Uncle Julio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 103 Restaurants in Gainesville
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My husband and I drove down from Baltimore for a concert at Jiffy Lube Live and decided to have dinner here beforehand. On a Tuesday evening at 6pm, the restaurant was mildly busy with most of the tables occupied outside. The food was delivered promptly and the service was friendly. We enjoyed the Shrimp & Veggies Fajita Quesadillas and Steak Fajitas. Will return when in the area again.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Firstly, I am disappointed that I have to write this poor review but the management needs to hear the truth

8:30 Reservations for 2 for Beers/Fajitas

I love Uncle Julio’s food........most of the time, I enjoy the atmosphere, I understand the popularity are therefore crowds but it seems I am continually disappointed.

Why, poor management of the facility in general. They have been open 2-3 years now......and they still can’t manage the crowds with proper staffing.

This last visit found a 90 minutes wait for most, we used Open Table but still waited 25 minutes for our table, a table that was poorly cleaned and had no new utensils or napkins set for the next customer. Upon getting to our table there were numerous tables empty of patrons but full of dishes waiting to be cleaned up. Once seated, we waited 10 minutes to be asked for drink service and another 10 minutes before our beers came over. Once the food was ordered which arrived quickly we had to ask for utensils. The food dish resembled a hurried thrown together mess of a dish attempting to resemble Fajitas, the meat was sparse and the veggies almost nonexistent for both dishes......

Very disappointed

Bottom line, wait staff was understaffed, bus staff seemed understaffed and absolutely unmanaged, host/hostess staff overwhelmed and severely unmanaged and kitchen staff overwhelmed too

They don’t get it........

Management needs retrained, replaced or need more of them

Please listen, we love your food but at this rate, I’ll go across the street for BBQ

1  Thank Hawki64
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Even though this is a chain restaurant we thought we would give it a try. The salsa was a little off although the chips were good. My husband and I ordered the chicken fajitas for 2. Nothing to write home about. Out of our 3 restaurants of this kind that we routinely visit we would rate this #3. The service was good. Food was a little pricey.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Good mexican food with comfortable seating and pretty good service. Juanita's special is what we normally order. Fun place to go to take a mini-break.

Hint: If there is a long wait, we usually try and sneak into the bar area by scouting out someone getting ready for the check. Bar area is 1st come 1st serve.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Ok, so usually the best Mexican or Tex/Mex joints are these little mom and pop places that with $10 fill you till you can't eat anything else for 2 days. That's the beauty of this food it's sooooo good and it's cheap. Well the food is good but NOT cheap. Alright disclaimer - I DO NOT like guacamole and I know they pride themselves for making the guac right at the table (at least for dinner) . I got this combo platter that had bacon wrapped shrimp and steak fajitas. I know steak/shrimp is expensive but still. Trying to make this a "fine dining" experience just seems wrong. I still give it 4 out of 5 stars because the food is good and so is the service. The service is almost too good, like they feel guilty for changing so much.
I'm sure there are plenty of people who LOVE this place (mostly city folks who've never eaten anything else other than maybe taco bell)....