Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
US$113
ComfortInn
US$192
US$157
Falls Church Inn(Falls Church)
US$75
US$103
US$202
US$192
Governor House Inn(Falls Church)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$88
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe concierge loungeoffice parkbusiness parkcorner roomevery hournice hotelparking garagedc areabreakfast buffetfront desk staffgreat rateweekend staythe dunn loring metro stationup to dateking bedbusiness travelindoor pool
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We came back to this hotel because our last stay the year before was so pleasant. Well, looks like things have changed a bit.

First, the front staff on our first trip were very friendly. This trip, not so much. At first, couldn't find my reservation. Not sure what was going on there. But eventually found the reservation. Not friendly, not chatty, just somber, going through the motions.

The room - spacious and appeared to be clean. On closer inspection (and after use) the paint was pealing in several places, possibly from water damage. And, the sink continued to clog. The sink was actually full of water when I checked out. No one came to unclog the sink. It would eventually drain the day before, but on checkout day, it wouldn't drain at all. I called, no one showed up. When I mentioned this at the front desk when we checked out, no response, no concern, not even "I'm sorry to hear that" I was leaving right?

And, there was some annoying sound outside the window that sounded like a marching band. A small rattling noise that never went away. We had two rooms next to each other and they heard it as well. Could never find the source of the noise, but slightly annoying.

The overall condition of the hotel was fine. The decor had not changed from our last visit. There was an addition of a "to-go" type cafe added in the past year, but it was only open once when we were there. I think it may only be open Monday - Friday and not on the weekends. Parking is still the same (and free).

I'm disappointed that we passed over cheaper hotels and actually paid more to stay here because of the positive experience we had last time. We might need to rethink this for next year.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank JudyMetroNYCarea
FallsChurchMarriott, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thank you JudyMetroNYCarea for your observations. I'm sorry that this stay was not up to either of our expectations. I certainly looks like we could have done a much better job here, and I'm sorry we let you down. We will be sure to address those issues that you have highlighted, and I appreciate your providing us that opportunity!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

This is a huge hotel. It's a bit of a walk just from the parking garage to the front desk. On the way, we did get to see some of the nice grounds outside and the multiple restaurants. People at the front desk were friendly and we hardly waited at all.

There was a lot going on downstairs (lobby area, restaurants, and elevators), but it was quiet at our room. Great bed, nice sheets, great shower. Plenty of room, including a large vanity outside the bathroom. Plenty of outlets! including both nightstands. Nice view out the windows. Everything was clean. No complaints.

But there were a few small things that keep from rating it a true 5. (Yeah, I did give them an overall rating of 5. I'd give it a 4.5 if I could, but couldn't knock them down to a 4 for these little things. The room was too nice.) The hotel provides no free coffee other than the packets in the room. WiFi normally costs extra, but not if you're a rewards member. There is no complimentary breakfast, only the hotel restaurants. The area that's labelled as having ice and vending machines had only an ice machine.

The price we paid for a Friday night was reasonable ($85 before taxes, $95 after), especially when considering the quality of the hotel. We won't hesitate to come back when we need a hotel in the area again, and we will.

Room Tip: Great view from upper floors
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe_from_Worcester
Reviewed 25 April 2017

The hotel was gorgeous. The rooms were a little small but the bathroom was a nice size. The front desk staff were awesome and very friendly. If you are looking for quiet hotel within a reasonable distance from DC, this is the place to stay. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the nearest metro station so you do not have to fight the traffic and parking if you want to go into DC.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

No complaints very good service and clean hotel , love the pool and the restaurant , plenty of parking space , congrats to Marriot for the service and always attention to clients !
Beds were awesome !

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Vicosol
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Big hotel, convenient to everything....with a car. Nothing really within walking distance, but a short ride to restaurants, mall, movie theater and metro. Easy check in with a very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Room was large and clean. Pool was very busy Easter weekend, with a life guard that was intense with the rules. Restaurant was not open for dinner, not sure why, but we ordered good food from front desk and ate outside. There was a delicious breakfast buffet on Easter morning, great selection and a great price.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family