All reviews front desk great hotel free parking broad st within walking distance restaurants and bars walk in shower pool and hot tub hotel is clean newer hotel covered parking dc area hotel stay complimentary shuttle business trip metro station staff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed 17 June 2015

I am a frequent traveller and all of the things that are most important to me were met, like amazing customer service, clean large rooms, and cosy feel. I will definitely stay in this hotel if I m ever in that area again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2015

The front desk needs to learn from the bartender (MOE) , How to engauge your guest. The tall slender young guy, was very rude and not professional at all , certain verbage shouldnt be used . Hair was on shower wall and shower soap dish, and when I made mention of it I was told ,I should take it up with the general manager . The staff at the front desk acts as if they are not empowerd to assure the guest has a pleasant stay. Once again the only good thing about this property in my opinion , is Moe the bartender and Rita the breakfast attendant. picked this spot as a nice one night get away , I regret that impulsive decision... The GM did call me the next day and offered me a refund or a free nights stay certificate, or points. ( Throwing things at people to say im sorry is not always the best first option ) I declined offer and stated it wasnt needed but she kept insisting that I take her offer. I agreeded to a one night stay which I will never use . I wouldnt stay here again

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maurice W
Carole D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Falls Church, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay. Once again I apologize for the issue you had during your stay here. I will personally address this issue so that others will not be disappointed as you were. At the same time, I will share this with Moe and Rita and let them know that you appreciated their service. Carole Downs, GM

Reviewed 15 June 2015

We wanted a change of pace for our recent visit to DC & decided to try this relatively new Hilton Garden Inn. It did not disappoint in any way, shape, or form. Located in the main downtown area of Falls Church, it's a clean, comfortable, quiet place to stay when visiting Northern Virginia and/or our nation's capitol.

A visually appealing mix of neutrals and primary shades create the familiar contemporary & inviting look of HGI hotels. At this location, I particularly admired the sheer, white panels with the blue & yellow stripes in the lobby & found the dark blue accent wall in our king room conducive to creating a relaxing atmosphere. And as a previous review mentioned, artwork in the rooms feature a variety of local landmarks, such as the State Theatre.

Our King room afforded plenty of space for us to rest and relax. While we didn't utilize the microwave or Keurig coffee maker, the mini fridge came in handy for keeping plenty of cold water on hand to cope with the infamous DC area humidity! The bathroom was a good size, with a great walk-in shower. Neutrogena amenities (bar soap, shampoo, conditioner)--a staple of HGI properties-were provided.

Depending on your budget & dining preferences, the hotel's Garden Grille serves breakfast (typical buffet style with waffles, toast/breads, fresh fruit, eggs, & various breakfast meats) and dinner. We decided to try the dinner menu shortly after checking in. My husband was delighted with the tomato bisque soup & both of us enjoyed the thick house burger covered in cheese & served on a rustic bun. Our waitstaff was courteous & attentive throughout our dining experiences.

As great as this hotel is, it's their customer service that makes them shine. Brandon is a tremendous asset to the front desk staff, always offering a friendly greeting & warm smile. I was talking with him shortly after check-in when another guest approached the front desk & he paused long enough from our conversation to address this person by name & ask about their stay. I've said this before in previous reviews, but when you think about how many people your average front desk clerk sees in a typical day? To me, it shows an exceptional level of customer service when they take time to remember a guest's name or inquire about them. Brandon also provided us with information about local taxi service & pizza places willing to deliver when we arrived back at the hotel after the restaurant had closed for the evening on Saturday.

We also had a minor problem with one of the lamps in our room the night we checked in. I called the front desk & within five minutes, a hotel staff member arrived to investigate/resolve the problem. It turned out to be a minor issue with one of our wall outlets, which he said he would report to maintenance. Light worked, problem solved, we were wished a good evening & to let the staff know if we had further problems.

Combine these incidents with the overall friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and you have the kind of five star customer service that makes for a great stay. This kind of service, combined with comfort and style, is why Hilton Garden Inn has been our "go-to" hotel chain for almost five years. We'll definitely stay here again on future DC visits.

Room Tip: While the view overlooks a parking lot, #511 is a good choice for a quiet King room.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2015

Nice clean accommodations. We were very satisfied with the hotel & very friendly staff. Hotel was very conveniently located to numerous restaurants and very easy to find off I-66. Hotel shuttle available to the Metro was great. Only problem we experienced was in the restaurant, and I chalked that up to the time of night (9 P.M.). Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2015

Checking into the hotel after traveling back to the US from New Zealand was a dream come true. I used to live in the area, so this location is perfect if you want to experience parts of Northern Virginia as well as DC, or just don't have the money to spend on a DC hotel. The hotel shuttle to the East Falls Church metro stop 5 minutes away is what got me to book initially, and it proved extremely useful in order to avoid driving/parking in DC. The hotel itself still feels brand new (it opened around Sept 2014 I believe), and the rooms were immaculate and spacious. The staff were all friendly and extremely helpful, especially the manager Jennifer and Brandon at the front desk! The wifi and parking are free and easy. There is a Giant, Panera, and Starbucks all within minutes if you don't want to pay for the breakfast, but it definitely smelled good. Basically, this place is amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Will definitely be back when I come to DC again.

Random pro: the artwork in the hotel is of local places (like the State Theater), which gave it a nice touch rather than having generic corporate pictures.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo