All reviews two bedroom suite full kitchen basketball court underground parking sweetwater tavern front desk strip mall drug store yogurt mosaic district metro station dunn loring coffee table movie theater stove top dc area the hotel offers
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

My husband, 2 children & I stayed for 7 nights in a one-bedroom suite. I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel with free parking and easy access to DC, and this hotel definitely fit those criteria. Here are some more specifics that I hope are helpful!
*Positives*
Value: With the free parking, complimentary breakfast, evening mixers (M-W) and full kitchens in the room, there were numerous ways to cut costs on our family vacation.
Location: The hotel is about 1 mile from the Dunn Loring-Merrifield metro station. The Washington Mall is about a 30 min. metro ride from there. We walked to the station a few times but usually used the complimentary hotel shuttle.
The hotel is also about a half mile from the Mosaic district, which has great shops & restaurants.
Staff: Every single staff member I encountered was friendly, helpful & professional. I got the feeling that the staff really enjoyed working together!
Storage: I loved all the storage space in the room. I didn't struggle to find places to put all our stuff like I do at some hotels. The closet even had built in shelves for additional storage.
*Negatives*
Cleanliness: Our room could have been cleaner, especially when we first arrived. I had to move a coffee table to make room for something. When I grabbed the sides of it, I noticed a sticky substance. Yuck! I also noticed debris in the drawers as I was unpacking.
Little Things: The rooms themselves are beautiful & have recently been refurbished. However, some things just didn't work quite right. The closet doors were off track, and you really had to shove the bathroom door to get it to close fully. These weren't deal breakers, but they kind of "cheapened" the room.

Overall, though, I was pleased with my stay at the Residence Inn. If I am back in the DC area, I would definitively consider staying here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank PerParadise
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

My newly refurbished studio is very appealing and comfortable. Being able to walk to the nearby shopping center (restaurants, drug store, grocery store) is an added bonus, not that I’ve needed much. Breakfast has been wonderful and so have the mixers! Everyone working here greets me with a smile.

I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here due to central location and proximity to the Metro. The room was a two bedroom suite and perfect for 5 persons. We caught the free shuttle to the nearby Metro station for venturing downtown, enjoyed some of the nearby restaurants and found it convenient to BWI and DCA. The room was clean and well laid out.

Our only gripe was the absence of fresh towels on one day but other than that, a good experience.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ohio_Trevor
Reviewed 30 December 2017

My son gave me short notice to find a room close by friends he wanted to hang out with and it had to have a refrigerator to store all of his food from home. Luckily I found this Property with availability to use points. I requested a quiet room and sure enough although my son checked on late, he got his request. Nice breakfast, great customer service from GM Levesque and his staff. Quiet very spacious room so easy sleep. Location is great with the outdoor shopping center close by with shopping, restaurants and a movie theater. Definite would return

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank EliteTravellers
Reviewed 27 December 2017

I value an updated look and a functional room. I look for a decent breakfast. First, our room is very good. We rented a 2-bedroom with a full kitchen (lacked pits and pans). The renovated room with fireplace was appealing and relaxing. The breakfast was just okay. We went in the last hour, and there was a rush, and they didn't keep up very well. With that said, the value for our stay is very good. The location is fair; a shuttle is offered to the Metro station. The location could be improved if that is your priority, but we had a vehicle and were willing to drive. Finally, the staff was friendly and responsive.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family