“Both food and service exceeded my expectations”
Review of 21 American Bistro

21 American Bistro
Ranked #15 of 460 Restaurants in Fairfax
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has been on my visit list for awhile, but I didn’t have a chance to stop by until today. I came in for lunch and surprisingly they were not very busy. The food and service both exceeded my expectations. By the presentation of the food, you can tell the chef put a lot of love and details in every single dish that came out. The portion size was very generous and the price was surprisingly low for the quality of the food. I will definitely bring more friends back here for dinner. Highly recommended *****

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

21 Great America Bistro is my favorite! Let me start with Lynn, the sweetest human in the entire world. On only our second visit she remembered my husband and me, our favorite table & the bottle of wine we ordered previously. Every time we
return, Lynn personally welcomes us back with a smile. Lynn’s hospitality and the amazing food are two of the reasons we keep coming back. During our visit last month, we had a waitress who seemed to be in training and there were a few bumps with the service. Fortunately Linden saved the day and helped her teammate recover beautifully. Although our encounter with Linden was brief, she remembered us when we returned tonight. And our favorite table. And our favorite bottle of wine. And what we ordered last time. These ladies are really on point and their hospitality is authentic, sincere & unrivaled. Do yourselves a favor and visit 21 GAB. Request Lynn & Linden. Order the grilled cheese bruschetta and crab porcupine for appetizers. Barramundi or crab cake for entrees & tiramisu for dessert. Then give all your money to Lynn & Linden because they will win your hearts, and they deserve it. You’ll thank me later :)

1  Thank Shauna F
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Went for lunch, food food and the atmosphere is quint, and waiter was attentive.
Menu isn't big, so easy to choose but it you go there few times, may not have new things to try.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We just returned from a dismal experience and I had to be sure to calm down before posting this review.
The first thing that set me off was what I happened to see right away on the drinks menu...$12 mixed drinks, and $3 for a Coke, with it in big bold letters for me to be sure to see, “NO FREE REFILLS”. That tells you something right away.
The service started out Ok but as the restaurant filled up it became almost invisible.
The menu was limited...and during Restaurant Week, no added meals nor specials.
Entrees were all $23 - $28, except for a chicken breast at $20 or a burger at $12.
Four of us got our meals in 3 different visits, over a 5 minute span.
One side dish was wrong, it took almost ten minutes for it to be replaced.
The scallops appetizer was ordered and asked if it could be served as an entree instead; we were told yes, so the appetizer version came, two little scallops, when we had our entrees! Duh!
When coffee came, we were asked if we wanted cream and sugar, then the waiter had to go retrieve it; ten minutes later I had to wave him down to come over to remember to come back to bring it.
Just nothing satisfying about this place at all.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Visit for a work lunch. Turned out to be restaurant week. Food was fantastic.

The preset menu was great I had the salmon that was perfectly cooked.

Lots to choose from.

Well worth the visit

Been to 21 American Bistro? Share your experiences!