“Best burger”

Pepper's Grill
Ranked #26 of 107 Restaurants in Culpeper
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have eaten burgers all over the country and this makes the top of the list. I had the bourbon burger with pepper fries. Burger was fresh not frozen. Cooked to perfection and amazing taste. I did not dine in. I ordered take out so I can’t review the service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Peppers has by far the best Prime Rib in this area, and it is very reasonably priced. They also have a wonderful plate of Fried Oysters. My favorite is the Fried Oyster appetizer and a nice medium rare cut of Rib.
The salad bar is nothing spectacular but adequate. The drinks are good and the sweet tea is just sweet enough.
Service is very warm and friendly and just attentive enough to not distract from your dinner conversation.
I have been going to this restaurant since the mid 90s and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Its has been 9 yrs since I have eaten at Peppers. They were not busy and only had 3 tables seated. We had to wait to be seated and the young girl was just standing around instead of seating us. Our waitress did not appear to like her job and was even rude to another table who seated themselves. The best part of the dinner was the small salad bar that we served ourselves on tiny bread size plates. We finished our salads before our drinks were served. My husband wanted the fried shrimp and asked to add scallops. Waitress told him he could do half/half and if he wanted a full order of both he would have to order 2 full meals. The only sides were potatoes different ways or cream corn. So neither of us ordered sides with our meal. Two of my children ordered burgers. One was twice as big as the other and the small one was WELL done. I ordered the 10 oz NY strip medium and it was served well done and it had zero seasonings - not even salt. Waitress insisted on fixing me another when I told her I didnt want it and would eat nothing. The 2nd steak was cooked Medium but still had zero seasonings. My 3rd child got cheese quesadilla and 2 to 3 inches on the rim had no cheese. My husband's shrimp were good but his scallops were like rubber. I took the kids to the car and did not see our bill but they charged me FULL price for my meal.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel for the night tired and didn’t want to go anywhere to get food. This restaurant was perfect. Great food and service; exactly what we needed. The prime rib was excellent!!!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Good service full bar. You can’t pass up prime rib for13.99. Working in town and have had dinner here 6 nights in a row.