“Great BBQ & Local Brews!”
Review of Smoked Kitchen

Smoked Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Crozet
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Locals recommended we stop here for an early dinner. It did not disappoint. The BBQ was extremely tasty (all meat...no grissly fat) and the sides were uniquely delicious. I was pleasantly surprised to see such a high-quality place in a small town market. I highly recommend and will definitely go back if I'm in the area again. Well Done!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really excellent food for the most part. Barbecue is always a tough experience for me at a new place because I want to try EVERYTHING! In this case, that was mostly a good thing. Brisket, ribs, pulled pork, and pulled chicken were all excellent. Not sure if I can choose a standout. Our waitress actually recommended us getting a burger or fried chicken. I'm guessing they're both really good options based on everything else we had, but we came specifically for the BBQ, so we thought that was a little bit of a weird recco. The sides were either right on or not good at all. The fries were the shoestring variety and solid, the cornbread had something tasty and special about it (almost tasted like it had a hint of angel food cake - egg whites maybe?), really good coleslaw, and the sweet potato hush puppies were a pleasantly surprising starter. The roasted cauliflower was almost transcendent though. Love when I pick up a new dish that I want to cook and this was the one. On the other hand - the beans were amongst the worst I've had - super disappointing.

Cocktails - just OK and overpriced. Good enough beer selection. Really good atmosphere and location. Service was pretty good, but I can't understand why it took so long to get food at a BBQ joint when it wasn't overly packed. I guess you jjust can't expect to get right in and out.

One side note in case people were wondering - we knew that Smoked and The Rooftop were owned by the same people and thought we had heard you could have Smoked food upstairs at Rooftop. After some digging and a few calls out there (a couple times they told us they didn't know and just come out and hope for the best), we found out that they are in fact separate establishments and you can't take food between the two.

All that said, we'll definitely be back. We'll just proceed with caution on the few things we learned with our first visit.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Had heard good things about this place, but just hadn't gotten out that way. Well, we will definitely come back! Great pulled pork BBQ! They had 4 smokers going outback. Business seemed to be buzzing and we can see why. This rivals the best BBQ in the area. We ate it without any sauces, just some Texas Pete and it was DELICIOUS. The burnt ends were attached and there was no fat, just great tasting pulled pork.
We wonder what their ribs are like, but that will be another trip. Saw the "nachos" go by and they were stacked with pork.
Crozet is not the center of the Universe, but if you go out that way to some of the vineyards, breweries or orchards, plan on a meal here. We will! They also have lots of beer.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

If you love anything smoked, this is the place for you! When you're outside in the parking, you smell the succulent BBQ being prepared, which gets you ready to chow down. There's not too much on the menu for each category (salad, BBQ, sandwiches, etc.) but it works out because what they do offer is honed to perfection. My personal recommendation is the smoked reuben sandwich, as that was pure bliss.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

This place used to be good. Now the place is severely understaffed and the food has become mediocre. We had to wait an hour and a half for our meal. Waitress only stopped by twice in that time to check on us. Still didn’t have silverware after waiting an hour and a half.

Been to Smoked Kitchen? Share your experiences!