See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2017

We stayed in this hotel for a football weekend, and it was EXTREMELY overpriced. I know they all are on football weekends, but this hotel is GROSS. The hotel smells slightly of smoke, but is overpowered by some other stench (possibly treatment to remove the smoke). The smell is so strong I had to keep my clothes in the car all weekend so they didn't absorb the smell. The sheets appeared to be clean. The towels appeared clean but were only slightly larger than a dish towel. I am 4'10 and the towels didn't even cover my body. All of the outlets are super loose and we had to rig out plugs so they would charge. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: don't choose any of them
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here out of necessity during a visit to Virginia tech on a football weekend , every other hotel was fully booked so we had little choice despite the terrible reviews .
We packed our own linens to use which I was glad about since the hotel bedding and towels were nasty as expected , the bed itself was comfortable though and the bathroom was clean . The tv was an old box style and the furniture and decor much like the tv were from the 1980s , old and well worn but functional , too bad the smoke detector was hanging loose from a wire in the wall and dirty carpets that hadn't seen a vacuum in a while .
The location served our purpose but next time I visit the area I will book in advance to get a reasonable hotel and not a roach motel for a ridiculous price ,I'm not sure how they get away with it but they clearly do !

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

As one of the other guests wrote, we found ourselves here during VA Tech homecoming weekend. The room was way overpriced for weekend since everywhere else had sold out completely. Had alread read the warning reviews beforehand so we were prepared. Manager at front desk was very nice! Hotel room beds and showers were clean. No iron in the room, and srong inital chemical smell from cleaning before checkin, but we were only staying one night, were in a crunch and everything else was completely booked. Only half a mile from megabus stop and walking distance to eating options. Stay was decent enough considering, and if we were in a bind again and everything else was sold out this would be an option.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2015

We knew what we were getting when we booked this motel during a very busy Homecoming weekend at Virginia Tech...it's cheap and clean and that's all we needed (we weren't there to lounge around the hotel). The staff is very friendly and the location is nice and quiet. We'll stay here again if we find ourselves in another reservation crunch situation.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank LVaccare
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I needed a place to stay on a long trip and ended up at the Rodeway Inn because the Econolodge across the street was full. We checked in at around 1:20am. First off, the room was extremely cold. I'd estimate between 30 and 40°. The room smelled bad. The heater looked smashed up and was barely working. It took several hours for the room to warm up. There were blood stains and hair on the sheets of both beds and even more blood on the side of the bed. We were completely disgusted. There were cobwebs all around the room, including in the heater. The walls and ceiling looked like they were falling apart. If it wasn't so late at night, we would have changed hotels in a heartbeat. We thought about sleeping in our car, but we had brought along extra blankets and pillows so we used those. Even then, it was so cold that we shivered for over an hour trying to get warm. We were out of there first thing in the morning. It was by far the WORST hotel experience I've ever had.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple