“Local bar - typical food, LOUD!”
Review of Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law
Ranked #34 of 74 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Good for: Bar Scene
Reviewed 5 April 2021

Never review unless I have visited a place several times Don't think its fair. Gets crowded as locals come in after work for a brew and a bite. Large bar area with tables. Menu is typical - burgers, chicken, sandwiches. Nothing special or creative but what I expected. Burgers were large, cooked as ordered. Fries were not crispy (as ordered) and were not hot as asked for. A Pet Peeve of mine, which is why I specifically ask for them to be "hot and crisp". The Chicken Tenders were typical - from frozen and dry. Service was always slow - and they were not busy any time we were there. Bartender worked alone and was distracted - taking time to speak to those she knew, but not concerned about the several groups who were, like us, not regulars. No pretense of attention to Covid rules (no masks -even the bartender, even though signs were on the door) Had to ask for a menu! Beer was very cold and decent selection. Biggest problem - demolition of an old cabinet was being done with a hammer and power saw as we sat there! Very LOUD! Why do this when customers were there??? Separate room had pool tables and TVs. Several people playing pool. Some were loud with offensive language (this was around 5PM). Happened each time we were there, so not an isolated situation. So many other options. Don't think we will go back. Can get the same food for similar prices elsewhere without the NOISE - and with better service.

Date of visit: November 2020
Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Go to restaurant weekly, new menu has even more options. Steak was good, soups filling,love the club sandwich, Salads fresh, fries very good. Like the tuna melt, fish tacos were good. The daily specials are a good value

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Great prices & the chicken shockers are fantastic! Great place to watch NFL, billiards, darts or just hang out at the bar. Nice wait staff & outdoor patio for smokers.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I occasionally had lunch at Murphy’s Law when I worked for the county government. That was more than ten years ago. At that time, it was a restaurant and bar with a few pool tables and large screen televisions.

My wife and I were talking to someone recently who mentioned the grill and suggested we check it out. So, one evening, we called in a takeout order for 2 Murphy Burgers, an order of French Fries, and an order of onion rings. I live a short distance from the grill so when I arrived the order was not ready. I took time to check out the place.

The “new” Murphy’s is a sports bar and grill consisting of a room-length bar, approximately a half dozen two-person tables in a line next to the bar, and a small dining area at the far end of the bar. Adjacent to this room was a second open concept room containing about four pool tables. There were several wall-mounted TV screens in the bar area. The music was very loud to the extent that you had to shout to be heard.

I have lived in Kansas and Texas and there this place would be described as the local “watering hole” as evidenced by the pickup trucks parked on the grass even though there was plenty of parking available in the parking lot. It is a suitable place to drink with your friends, eat a burger, watch sports on the big screen, and shoot some pool. It is not a place to take your significant other for a quiet or romantic dinner and/or drink unless your intent includes one of the previously mentioned activities.

The menu is limited. My wife’s burger and onion rings were good but my burger was undercooked and the French fries were mushy. The wait staff was very friendly. However, overall it was not a great experience. Judging from the crowd there, it is popular among locals, but it is not my cup of tea!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I play on a pool league out of there. It's probably the best place in the tri-city area to play pool & grab something to eat or drink. It's been around for awhile. Clean and safe place. Younger crowd as you would expect but okay for seniors too. Friendly staff average prices. Decent place for a young man to take a date. Nice sound system too.

Date of visit: January 2017