“Significant improvements”
Review of Captain D's

Captain D's
Ranked #190 of 578 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Reviewed 28 June 2018

When I ate here a few years ago, I was not impressed. However, on my most recent visit, everything from the service, the cleanliness of the all parts of the building and the food had improved significantly. A Fish ‘n’ Chips place is never going to be 5-star, but I really like deep-fried fish and shrimp.

It’s always good when things improve. Now they just need to sustain the newer standards they have set for themselves.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Usually go to Captain D on Friday during Lent for the seafood. But it's so good that we go there for meals now all the time. Recommend it!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I have been going by this place for over 10 years and decided to stop. It was busy. Our food came quickly, was tasty, and there was plenty of it. I substituted broccoli for coleslaw. Had plenty to take home.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

This is a great place for a quick lunch. You can't beat the lunch specials for $5. I got the grilled tilapia with rice,dinner roll, a side I had green beans and a drink. I added 5 shrimp for $1.59. It was fresh and delicious.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Very delicious shrimp and fish cooked just right. Good choice of sides if you don't want French fries. Their green beans are delicious as is the baked potato. Service is fast and I love the taste of the fish.