Residence Inn by Marriott Charlottesville Downtown
US$149
Country Inn
UVA Inn at Darden(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$250
US$212
Hampton.com
Omni Charlottesville(Charlottesville)
US$245
US$190
  • Pool
Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$115
SleepInn
Hyatt Place Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$190
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$137
Homewood
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$138
Oakhurst Inn(Charlottesville)
US$218
Boar's Head Resort(Charlottesville)
US$197
US$193
All reviewsgreat kingking studiogreat locationfree laundryenclosed areacomplimentary breakfast was deliciouslow floorfront deskgreat restaurants and shopsminute walkpedestrian malllooked brand newsmall kitchenvery comfortable roomthe breakfast areanewer hotelwithin walking distance
Reviewed 14 April 2018

While waiting for a traffic light to turn, I wondered where the parking area was for the hotel, turned out it was in the back. I initially parked on the above ground surface lot with a limited number of spaces only to discover later that a large parking area existed under the hotel, not real obvious for a first time visitor and not mentioned upon check-in.

Upon arrival at the front desk, I was warmly greeted and acknowledged as a Marriott Rewards member. The gentleman on duty thoroughly explained hotel services, pool and elevator location, evening social location, and even the menu for the next day's breakfast.

Upon entering our assigned room, all three of the people staying in this studio room commented on the cleanliness of this room, kudo's to the housekeeping staff. We also felt the studio suite, as compared with some other hotels, seemed smaller than usual.

The evening "mix" consisted of chicken wings, cooked and seasoned green beans, chips, and dip. Strange combination of foods, but somehow it all worked. The only complaint was that the chicken wings disappeared very quickly and were very, very slowly replaced with more. A sore point with other hungry guests as well as those just arriving during the happy hour period. A very good house wine was $3.00 and local craft beers were $1.50.

One strange thing I noticed the next morning while waiting for the breakfast area to open, was lack of presence of hotel staff at the front desk. I was there drinking coffee for about 30 minutes while no one on duty. Don't know what someone was supposed to do if they wanted to check-out and needed something. I did not see a bell or anyway of contacting a staff member. Very unusual and not safe as someone walking in off the street could have possibly have walked off with all kinds of items in the lobby area or caused damage to property.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Had the opportunity to visit for an overnight stay at this excellent Residence Inn that is located close to downtown. The Inn is new and as with the other Residence Inns I have visited, afforded guests a happy hour in the evening with food and drinks and complimentary breakfast. My assigned room was "huge" with a kitchenette, dining table, sofa and 2 large-screen TVs. Working desk was adorned with ample power sockets and the free wifi was robust and reliable.Staff were great too - friendly and helpful. Importantly, the room rates charged were very reasonable - particularly with the free food and beverages (good value). The Inn is also located close to several good restaurants - recommend the Orzo that was located 1 block away.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2018

This hotel is a good option for someone looking for a clean basic hotel convenient to the downtown mall. The hotel is all suites which is nice to have extra space ( we had a bedroom living room and small kitchen) but more important it all feels new and clean. Great to be able to walk outside the door to the downtown mall but you can also easily walk to the Corner and to UVA. There is a breakfast buffet included which is great to have. Other than that there is no restaurant but the hotel is so close to many restaurants. Not a full service hotel ( I.e. no turn down service) but the rooms were cleaned early in the day, the lobby is large and bright, there is a small but adequate gym which is also clean and bright. Bathrooms also felt new and fresh. I see other reviews complained about noise but we did not experience any of that our room was quiet and it was on a low floor. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone visiting Charlottesville and/or UVA

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The hotel is new and beautiful. Very clean and well designed. Parking is free, which is great. When I checked in, there was one person at the desk. It starts to get crowded and no one came to help her. The phone was ringing annoyingly the entire time.

Having one person run the front desk during a holiday weekend is lame. Marriott should be able to afford more help? Upon checkout the person at the desk didn’t even ask me how was my stay, nor ask me anything about anything regarding my trip. I'm a Marriott Rewards member too and this was not even acknowledged. This seemed out of character for any hotel staff. I guess she didn’t care, or was she trained that way?

I liked my room, except for the extremely noisy HVAC system in the rooms. The humming-droning sound drove me nuts. I turned off the unit in my room, but could still hear the annoying droning sound that seemed to rattle my brain all night. I don't know where that noise was coming from, could have been the room next to mine, I don't know. But I know as a result, I got about 3 hours of interrupted sleep because of that brain shattering sound going off and on all night long. I tried opening up the couch and sleeping there, but the sound was hard to get away from. It was worse where the bed was because it was in such an enclosed area and the sound just reverberated even more. It was not pleasant whatsoever.

I was very disappointed staying there. I will probably not stay there again. The Omni Hotel (across the street) is so much better in how they treat their guests and they have enough help at the front desk when a lot of people begin to start checking in.

This was my first stay here because the Omni was booked. Next time I'll try a little earlier.

Room Tip: Don't get 609 if you want to sleep, or don't mind a droning HVAC unit all night long blasting in the room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Eric P, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Charlottesville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear KCS1958,

I'm sorry that you were not pleased with your experiences at our hotel, this is not the way we typically greet or treat our guests either at check in or check out. Thank you for being a Marriott Rewards member, we thank you for your loyalty to the brand and hope that on your next visit to Charlottesville you give us the opportunity to show our real commitment to hospitality.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This hotel looks new and modern. Our room was comfortable and the shower stall was very modern with good water pressure. The breakfast area was bright and comfy. The only drawback was the street noise. Parking is free!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mary DiSalvo,
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with our hotel. Our hotel's location is certainly a favored feature of many fellow guests because of our proximity to the Historic Downtown Mall and also The University of Virginia but being directly on Main Street does at time present some short lived traffic noise, some of the charm of Charlottesville is our small town America feel with little road congestion.
Thanks for staying at the Residence Inn Charlottesville Downtown and we eagerly anticipate your next visit.