We found The Clifton Inn to be very welcoming and relaxing. We stayed in room 5 which is directly above the kitchen. The hotel and restaurant staff were all wonderful - very friendly and helpful. These are folks who make or break a trip - and these ladies (all women) made our stay very pleasant.
The charm of the Inn is its link to Virginia history, and they've tried very hard to modernize the accommodations. The walls are thin - not much they can do about this. The heater worked well and they've added recessed lighting. The bathroom is huge - with a full-sized claw-foot bathtub and two free-standing sinks. The shower is separate (not in the tub) and has heavenly water pressure and an additional trio of sprayers. I did not want to get out of that shower!!
Continental breakfast was very fresh and seemed to be homemade. We placed one a la carte order but it was a miss. Oh well.
Overall, we liked the relaxed feel of The Clifton and would recommend it for a weekend away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn