“Great Pizza Near Grounds”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #12 of 585 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: We've been in Charlottesville since 2001. Our goal is to pair delicious pizza with unique and surprising beers. We are located on the Corner right next to historic UVA. Go HOOS!
Reviewed 9 May 2018

This outlet of Mellow Mushroom was quite a surprise to us. We were expecting more of the same as our branch but found this one to be more welcoming given the sheer size and number of people that it holds. It feels a bit like a beer hall but still allows you to have fun with your crowd. If you need a place for 30 people, this place is the place (assuming you call ahead).

The coolest thing that was a bit of a distraction but great entertainment was that they have a time-lapse video of guys making pizzas in the kitchen -- it's do cool to see someone make a pizza in 20 seconds.

We will definitely return with friends.

MellowCville, Owner at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Awesome! Thanks for the great review and thrilled you will return with friends!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

This was a good dining experience . They offer all kinds of pizza and I enjoyed the 'meat eater" while my granddaughters had Vigen and chicken barbecue pizza for my daughter
Pizza was thick and loaded with toppings and wait staff were very friendly and attentive
And there is a parking garage right around the corner

MellowCville, Owner at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you so much for the fabulous review! We are so happy to hear your feedback and so glad you liked the pizzas! Please bring your family back again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We were staying at the Graduate Hotel so we popped in here for a quick and easy dinner. This is exactly what we got. The service was very efficient and friendly, as is usually the case in the US. I wasn't overly impressed with the pizza but it filled us up and made for an easy evening.

MellowCville, Owner at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thanks so much for coming in tonight Carolyn! I’m so glad your server was friendly, you got your food fast and that you liked our pizza! I hope when you stay at The Graduate again, you’ll be back to Mellow. Thank you again!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

After a long day visiting Monticello, my family was happy to find this friendly pizza joint next door to our hotel. Kids happy to have pizza, grown-ups happy with large selection of local beers on tap. Our server was nice and attentive. The individual-size pizzas are large and could definitely serve two, especially if you get a salad, too. I was very happy with my choice of a thin-crust pizza, more like NY style.

MellowCville, Owner at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thanks for coming in! It sounds like you had an awesome experience! We would really appreciate a 5 Star review!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I ordered a pizza with multiple toppings, which was tasty enough, i guess, but was disappointed with the amount of cheese. I even ordered extra cheese, and it still had less cheese than i would expect from a regular pizza. I'm pretty sure they charged me for extra cheese but didn't give me any extra cheese. Disappointing.

MellowCville, Owner at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

I’m sorry you were disappointed. If you had let us know we would have been more than happy to rush you a perfect pie!