See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2018

Extremely loud from streetside and from other guests. Air condition does transmit street noise directly into the room. There is much noise from neighbours because it is built very light. So the sleep Quality is very poor.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
fd123, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

I am sorry that you did not sleep very well. We do appreciate you and your comments and would love for you to give us another chance to change your mind. Thank you again for staying with us. Jennifer C

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I would like to say we are very satisfied with our stay usually 3 days for doctor appointments and the staff is very professional and we would tell others to stay there anytime .

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
fd123, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for staying with us we appreciate your patronage and your helpful comments. It was our pleasure serving you.

Jennifer C

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We asked for a non-smoking room and they gave us a smoking room. I smelled it when I first walked in and when I saw the burn holes in the 50-year old carpet and nasty bed spread I knew it was a smoking room. The fire alarm was continually chirping so we located the maintenance person and he did come up and removed the alarm but did not replace it. The toilet seat was broken, bathtub water spicket was loose and had to be adjusted to work, one of the lights did not work and the furniture was really bad. I don’t think a thrift store would even taken it. The drawer handles were broken and/or missing and the wood was really beat up. The breakfast consisted of a few pieces of bread, frozen waffles and a couple of yoghurts. We went to McDonalds instead. I would not recommend this hotel yuck!

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
fd123, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with us, but wanted to thank you for your helpful comments. We are currently undergoing a complete renovation and want to thank you for your help. Thank you again for your patronage and I hope that you will give us another chance to change your mind. Thank you Jennifer

Reviewed 1 April 2018

On the outside, it appears that this hotel is in decent repair, however, arrival at the room made it clear that this place hadn't received much investment in a long while. Our King bed was king in dimensions, but fit for the court jester. It was swaybacked like an old horse, and hard as a brick. Wall in the bathroom was falling apart, despite the fairly new coat of paint. At breakfast, 7:45am in the morning, both coffee pots, the creamer, and all the waffles were gone. Unless you are looking for dry cereal or decaf, this is not the place for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
fd123, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with us, but we do appreciate your business and your helpful comments. Please know that we are going through a complete renovation and appreciate your comments. We will be fixing all issues and hope that you will give us another chance to change your mind in the near future. I am sorry that your breakfast was not a good one and know that we will be working on that too. Jennifer c

Reviewed 1 April 2018

crashed here at the jimmy buffett concert. between the dirty pillow cases and the 2 roaches we killed in the bathroom.... yeah. we wont be back. :/

front desk staff was less than friendly.

bed KILLED both my fiance's and my backs.

at least we were only there for one night. that's an upside, right?

i purposely didnt look closely at the room for fear of how dirty it might be upon closer inspection.

i think it has free wifi but we didnt use it.

coffee was not suitable to be called coffee. not sure what id call it, but not coffee (theres a 7 -11 across the street that had - still bad- but better than theirs- coffee), breakfast in the lobby consisted of the not coffee, coffee, 2 types of cereal, tea, and i think they had oatmeal packets but i didnt look close.

there IS a coffee pot in the room but not a real coffee pot. it makes single serving pod type things. no way to brew your own (i do travel with my own coffee and thought the 'coffee maker' they said was in the room was a real coffee maker. i was wrong).

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that you had a bad experience here with us. We do appreciate your helpful comments. Please know that we do get pest control on a regular basis and we are going through a complete renovation. Thank you again for your helpful comments and although we failed you we will be using your comments to ensure that others have a better experience. Thank you again for your patronage and your helpful comments. Jennifer C