Reviews (1 164)
1 164 results
All reviews cookies cheese and crackers room was clean complimentary breakfast great place to stay the breakfast area whole foods stay there again restaurants and shopping front desk staff up to date shuttle service very nice hotel convenient location oatmeal fitness center inns
81 - 86 of 1 164 reviews
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Very nice hotel. The rooms are on the small side, but very updated. Loved all the outlets for charging phones, etc. Staff was very polite and helpful. This was a business/pleasure trip. Overall the hotel is very well kept.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

FAMILIES STAY AWAY. As a 30 year traveler and Hilton Honors member for many years, I was stunned by the cramped rooms in this hotel. Apparently it is a new corporate design. I stay in Hamptons and have for years because of consistency. These new rooms are cramped. No bathroom door (a sliding closet door instead that doesn’t really seal of the bathroom), no closets, no drawers, and barely enough space to walk between the bed and desk/ TV stand/table unit). Fortunately it was only my daughter and I, and we were only in town for one night for a visit at the University. I can’t imagine staying for more than one night or with a family.

In addition to the jail cell like allure, the fan in the bathroom runs continuously and sounds like a jet engine. With no real door, you can’t muffle the sound. Even with the renovation, there is a 1970s heating unit that whistles. And, they only have one elevator. Extremely annoying if you’re on the top floor.

I can understand if the price was somehow discounted, but it is not. Way to go Hilton for removing the appeal of your most popular brand. Did you hire consultants from United. If all of the Hamptons are heading on this direction, I’m not staying in them. I hope the efficiency makes up for lost business.

1  Thank SpringfieldDan
DVN965, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn in Charlottesville. We are sorry to see that you were not satisfied with your stay and the new room design. The new design is part of Hilton's Forever Young Initiative.

We apologize for the disturbance from the HVAC unit and the Bathroom fan, we will have maintenance look into these issues. We appreciate you bringing them to our attention.

We would love to have the opportunity to have you with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this Hampton. Traveled to Charlottesville for work. Staff is very nice and rooms are clean and comfy. Great location near restaurants and shopping with easy access. I will stay at this one on my next business trip.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We had an appointment at UVA hospital, normally stay at the Hampton Inn on Main street, they were fully booked for some event so we stayed at this property. About 15 minutes from the hospital, easy drive. Located in a great shopping area if that is what you want to do! The hotel was clean, quiet and well maintained. I was a little surprised at how small the room and bathroom were compared to other Hamptons I have stayed at. But it wasn't really much of a problem. We would stay here again - if the Hampton on Main wasn't available!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Hotel was very clean and updated! Everything was good, as you would hope for a hotel. Overall value was pretty good, and breakfast was typical. It was a little difficult to access, but it wasn't that bad. Would recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled on business