“Another consistent Holiday Inn experience”

Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Arrived late and left early, but a nice facility. Greeted by a very personable lady at the front desk. Did everything professionally and in the best tradition of HI. Room was clean, had a single serve Krueger coffee machine, great shower, large tv, and adequate lighting. The easy chair was worn and should be replaced!
Wake up call was on time, and helped get us on our way.

Stayed: December 2017
Del S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback regarding your stay with us. We are glad to hear you appreciated the cleanliness and amenities of your your guest room, along with the hospitality of our team. We are in the midst of updating guest room furnishings, including the easy chairs.
We look forward to welcoming you back to see our improvements!

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Recently I stayed at this facility. Initially there was an issue, the manager was very responsive and readily ensured customer service was evident. The room was spacious and accommodating our needs. We were able to effectively work as well as leisure. The location was more than accessible. Great place!!!

Room Tip: Accessible with good customer service.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2017

First floor rooms actually in the basement! No elevator access. Room filthy, not cleaned from prior tenant; beer cap, old sock, body hair in bed, cobwebs on light. Problem resolution from staff; one polite and helpful, one very rude and condescending. I stayed two nights. The 1st night when we checked in they gave us clean sheets (which we had to change ourselves!). The next day they moved us to an upstairs room. They took the first night room charge off our bill but honestly, I would have rather paid and had a clean room. I travel frequently, for both work and pleasure. This was by far, the filthiest room I have ever been given. Every room in Charlottesville was sold out that night, or we would have immediately gone elsewhere. My family had to sleep in this room, crediting back the first night’s stay does not reverse what we had to experience.

Room Tip: 1st tip-DONT GO HERE! 2nd tip-all 1st floor rooms are actually in a basement with no elevator access...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Wes S
Del S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you for sharing this constructive feedback regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry for your experience. We have reviewed your comments with both the Housekeeping and Front Desk Managers and these items have been addressed with the appropriate team members.
We hope you will return to give us another chance to deliver a stay experience consistent with your expectations.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Although my room was very nice, I was very disappointed with my stay. I was there for a conference. My employer paid for my hotel room. This was mentioned at check in and they saw that it had been paid for. However, they asked for a card to charge $15 on for incidentals. When I woke up and checked my bank account, they not only charged the $15, but an additional $96 for the room. When I went and spoke with the front desk about it, Marrell admitted to making a mistake. He said that I could get my bank on the phone and he would see what he needed to do to reverse the charges so the money would be back on it today. I explained that I would overdraft it it wasn't. After six visits to the front counter the issue was still not resolved. He said he did his part and that it wasn't his issue anymore. I disagreed because his mistake is what caused this to happen. I asked to speak with a manger and he said that he was the front desk manager. I stated I needed to speak with his manager since I was still dissatisfied. He went to the room off the front desk and told me he'd be right with me. After 5 minutes of waiting and still no manger, I left and now I am writing this. I have contacted HG as well and am waiting for a response. Money is one thing you don't mess with and you can put someone in a real bind for a "mistake."

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Del S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share very constructive comments regarding your stay with us. While I was unaware of this occurrence, I can assure you that we do take handling guests payment and credit card information very seriously. Obviously, we have dropped the ball in this instance. I will review this matter with our front desk manager to ensure that it has been corrected to your satisfaction. Additionally, we will take steps to ensure all of our front desk team members are handling credit card authorizations properly so that this does not happen again.
We hope that you will return to give us another chance to meet your expectations and to demonstrate that we value you as our guest.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on September 23rd to work A CONCERT FOR CHARLOTTESVILLE, which was held on the 24th. The room was clean. 2 double beds. It had a microwave and refrigerator. The room served it’s purpose.
The hote
They offer a free breakfast and it’s served in the restaurant. Very good.
This hotel is close to the University and several fast food restaurants. There is a Kroger located across the street. It opens at 7.
I recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Del S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Thank you for sharing such great feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Charlottesville- Univ Area. We are glad you appreciated our guest rooms, food and beverage service, and proximity to other great restaurants. We look forward to your next visit!