Although my room was very nice, I was very disappointed with my stay. I was there for a conference. My employer paid for my hotel room. This was mentioned at check in and they saw that it had been paid for. However, they asked for a card to charge $15 on for incidentals. When I woke up and checked my bank account, they not only charged the $15, but an additional $96 for the room. When I went and spoke with the front desk about it, Marrell admitted to making a mistake. He said that I could get my bank on the phone and he would see what he needed to do to reverse the charges so the money would be back on it today. I explained that I would overdraft it it wasn't. After six visits to the front counter the issue was still not resolved. He said he did his part and that it wasn't his issue anymore. I disagreed because his mistake is what caused this to happen. I asked to speak with a manger and he said that he was the front desk manager. I stated I needed to speak with his manager since I was still dissatisfied. He went to the room off the front desk and told me he'd be right with me. After 5 minutes of waiting and still no manger, I left and now I am writing this. I have contacted HG as well and am waiting for a response. Money is one thing you don't mess with and you can put someone in a real bind for a "mistake."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Charlottesville Hotel- University Area and Conference Center. Our hotel is conveniently located on (Route 29) Emmet Street. The University of Virginia is located within one mile of the hotel. Nearby attractions include the University of Virginia, Monticello, Ashlawn-Highland, Wineries, Michie Tavern, Montpelier, and various boutique shops and galleries. Nearby companies and government offices include State Farm Regional Office, GE -Fanuc, Northrop Grumman, Lexi-Nexis, Klockner, Sprint, PRA, National Ground Intelligence Center, J.A.G. School, UVA Health Systems, and Biotage Technologies. Our newly renovated, spacious rooms include free high speed wireless Internet. We also offer a business center, fitness facility, pay per view movies, coffee/ tea makers, room service, guest laundry, free USA Today on the weekdays and complimentary shuttle service to the Charlottesville Airport. During your stay we invite you to dine at our Lobby Cafe'. We are the ideal location for your wedding, banquet, meeting or any special event. The Holiday Inn University area offers facilities to accommodate up to 300 people, with over 4,900 square feet of meeting space. Let our expert staff work for you in accommodating your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area Hotel Charlottesville
- Holiday Inn University Area
- Charlottesville Holiday Inn