Holiday Inns can be hit or miss in terms of quality and need of updating. A recent renovation has made the Holiday Inn University Area a solid, average facility that is a good option when the price is right.
The rooms are large and bright, with big windows. New carpet, wallpaper, and some new furnishings have resulted in a fresh, contemporary look. It does seems that corners were cut here and there... buckling wallpaper, caked on paint in places, but overall the rooms are comfortable and make a positive impression. Though the bathrooms are quite small by today's standards, they are nicely updated.
The location is good, about 10 minutes from campus and in the middle of excellent and expanding shopping and restaurant options.
Rates for the Holiday Inn University Area are on the low end of the relatively expensive Charlotteville market. The hotel frequently appears on Priceline and Hotwire, so definitely check for deals before paying the rack rate. Is this Holiday Inn one of the best hotels in the area? No. There many hotels that are newer with better amenities and nicer rooms. However, if you can snag a good deal, it is a satisfactory hotel experience that won't disappoint you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Charlottesville Hotel- University Area and Conference Center. Our hotel is conveniently located on (Route 29) Emmet Street. The University of Virginia is located within one mile of the hotel. Nearby attractions include the University of Virginia, Monticello, Ashlawn-Highland, Wineries, Michie Tavern, Montpelier, and various boutique shops and galleries. Nearby companies and government offices include State Farm Regional Office, GE -Fanuc, Northrop Grumman, Lexi-Nexis, Klockner, Sprint, PRA, National Ground Intelligence Center, J.A.G. School, UVA Health Systems, and Biotage Technologies. Our newly renovated, spacious rooms include free high speed wireless Internet. We also offer a business center, fitness facility, pay per view movies, coffee/ tea makers, room service, guest laundry, free USA Today on the weekdays and complimentary shuttle service to the Charlottesville Airport. During your stay we invite you to dine at our Lobby Cafe'. We are the ideal location for your wedding, banquet, meeting or any special event. The Holiday Inn University area offers facilities to accommodate up to 300 people, with over 4,900 square feet of meeting space. Let our expert staff work for you in accommodating your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville - University Area Hotel Charlottesville
- Holiday Inn University Area
- Charlottesville Holiday Inn