All reviews no frills husband and wife in town an older property budget hotel inexpensive place to stay family owned fridge and microwave virginia tech room was clean downtown blacksburg across the street wi fi would stay here again campus kroger cleanliness
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean, comfortable, no-frills place to stay, this is it. I booked a 2-night stay here based on reviews and price. The room was clean, comfortable, beds were nice and staff was very accommodating. No breakfast but with all of the eateries around, that was not an issue. Would stay here again and would recommend. Just be aware of the steep grade to the parking lot.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Nothing fancy about it. You get what you pay for. Staff is very friendly. Decent location right across from First and Main. Hotel is on a deep incline and scraped my car leaving, which is really my only complaint but the hotel can’t really control that. Overall I was satisfied with the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We visited VA Tech for the weekend and I was very pleased with the choice we made for our weekend accommodation. Wonderful hotel, highly recommend for everyone. The hotel staff was incredibly nice. I had left behind an item at the hotel, and did not realize it until we arrived back home. I called and they located my item. They shipped the item priority mail next day to my house. I was so pleased because the item had sentimental value. They went out of their way to ship my item back to me. Exceptional customer service!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We went down to VT for a game and just to drive around beautiful Blacksburg! The location of the Red Carpet Inn is extremely ideal. Not that we needed the bus but it was nice to have that option. The area seems to have grown and you can see a few nearby restaurants and it's extremely close to the bars.

The place is family owned and I can't enough amazing things about the owners. Both husband and wife were so welcoming and helpful. they are extremely hospitable and try to do whatever they can to make their guests happy.

The rooms are decent size and clean. We didn't spend too much time in them since we were out on the town, but it was a fine place to sleep.

There is a lot of traffic since it's right in a busy area. The price is honestly a steal. They don't over charge you or try to take advantage.

I would for sure stay there again!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I had a stay of nearly two months at this hotel. The Inn is family-owned and the couple who is managing it is caring for their guests. Here you have the essential Equipment, you have everything what you Need (good wifi, clean rooms and bathrooms and the Hotel is very close to the city). I didn't have a car and could make advantage out of the bus stop which is directyl in front of the hotel (the bus is in downtown Blacksburg in about 5 min.).
In the area of the hotel you find everything what you need: Krogers, a lot of bars, Shops and even an IMAX cinama theatre.
I can absolutely recommend this hotel!

Room tip: First Level is nicer, better overview, but apart from that there is no favorite location of rooms I could recommend
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Debbie R, Owner at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

We kindly thank you for your recent stay with us. You have been a fantastic guest. It's been our pleasure to serve you for nearly two months, even the mail lady knows your name now ha ha. You kept the room neat and clean. We hope you made it back home safe. Please, come again when you attend another conference at Virginia tech. We appreciate your support by staying with us, even though you could afford to stay at the inn located right on the campus. Thank you.