All reviews continental breakfast was simple mount snow convenient location no frills skiing rates
Reviewed 26 February 2018

We love the Austrian Haus Lodge. We stay there every time we go to Mount Snow, and we love it every time. If you're looking for fancy rooms, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a great location, friendly staff, and a fantastic indoor pool for a reasonable price, you'll be pleased.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Hotel is in great need of renovation1 70s era dirty carpets, Mold smell. Cheap breakfast,.Hard to believe this place stays open! Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere! The common area was ok but the room real small and pool looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in months.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mahwynow
ahaus, Owner at Austrian Haus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

First off I'd like to say none of the carpets are from the 70s era, I haven't been here that long and I've replaced carpets a couple times since I've been here. Breakfast, is bagels, muffins, cereals, danishes, croissants, waffles, yogurt, apples , oatmeal packs, different breads, coffee, tea, apple and orange juice. Basically the non cooked stuff but a good variety of the other stuff. The pool area is vacuumed when the carpet is dry enough to do so ( the wet dry vac doesn't work so well on the carpet in there) . So while not every day it is vacuumed when it can be. We do have many families that do stay here every year... and come back many times as they know what we have to offer and are happy to be here.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Jail is a better option, this place is horrendous!!! One can not imagine how such a dirty, filthy place can exist in a state that has a health department.

This is the worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed. The beds are ripped and fold like a taco shell. The bathrooms were filthy and the showers didn’t work. They have electric heat that took hours to get the room warm enough to sleep.

This may be my last post because of there is ever a place I’m worried about getting Legionaries Disease, this is it.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
ahaus, Owner at Austrian Haus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

OK, first let me say that the guest here stayed 2 nights and had 2 rooms booked for the weekend. The guest came down the morning after checking in and yelled at my wife over a shower not working and other issues, demanding his money back, rudely enough that my wife called me down to check on things. The shower took 30 secs to fix as it was just a shut off valve on top of the shower head that was turned, fixing the shower. The ripped box spring I know it doesn't look great but it is still a solid box spring and will be taken care of once I get a chance to, it is after all still functional. The electric base board heaters are in all rooms and no one ever complained that they were cold. As for the close up pictures, I was told that on the TV shelf there was something on it but it was cleaned up before I got to the room to see it, Those rooms were rented most of the holiday week and no one else had an issue with the beds or the shower. As for the last comment , not sure if that was about the pool , which was used and by many of our guests who enjoyed it with out any issues or complaints and who commented how nice and warm it was. Lastly, after taking care of the issues I could take of, there was no further comments or issues the following day from the guest.
I know during housekeeping sometimes we miss things and I do apologize for that, but if told I take care of things as quick as possible. and yes , we are an older place, I know that ,

Reviewed 16 December 2017

One night stay while skiing Mount Snow. Loved it! Great no-frills place to get a good night's sleep. Room was clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast was simple and satisfying. You won't find a nicer, more accommodating innkeeper. He greeted me warmly upon arrival, explained the facility, and made sure I knew how to reach him at any time if needed. Convenient location, just minutes from ski area, good restaurants and ski shops. The ambience is inviting and reminiscent of days past - a real skiers lodge, at very reasonable room rates. Those who prefer the Ritz-Carlton should look elsewhere, but for value and charm, look no further. The Austrian Haus is the clear winner.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

We love the Austrian Haus! If you're looking for posh, updated rooms, keep looking. But if you're looking for a friendly, clean, conveniently located, quiet hotel with a pool and continental breakfast, you can't go wrong by staying here. The kids loved the pool, and we loved that it's just down the street from the restaurants and Mt. Snow. We will definitely return!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family