Stowe Mountain Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$252
Official Site
  • Pool
Commodores Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$157
US$148
Green Mountain Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$197
US$177
Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$218
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$248
Timberholm Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$127
Butler House Stowe(Stowe)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$142
US$115
US$103
Brass Lantern Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
US$212
All reviewsbreakfast basketapple tvking suiteeach morningboutique hotelcool hoteloatstrail suitebreakfast deliveredsoaker tubmid centuryfull length mirrorcold breakfastwalking distance to townshuffleboard tablegreat lobbybars and restaurants
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Cool hotel with a great lobby, modern comfortable rooms, and in a very convenient location. Alisa, the GM, was incredibly helpful and attentive with everything from on-site breakfast to great hiking and biking and dinner recommendations. Look forward to coming back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We started our vacation with a 3 night stay in the Lark Suite. We'll start off by saying that the hotel's staff (Karen, Shayde and Alisa) were amazing! They coordinated with my husband surprise flowers and wine upon our arrival. Upon check in which was smooth and quick we were greeted with friendliness! Shayde suggested places for an easier hike. Alisa even brought us beer to the pool and engaged in great conversation with us, making us feel at home. Service was amazing and everyone was happy to make us feel great during our stay. Thanks ladies! The room is spacious and nicely decorated (accurate to pictures). Nice views from the windows. Fireplace was great and warmed the room well. Soaking tub is a really nice romantic touch. Keep in mind when looking into this property that this room is on the 4th floor. You will have to go up at least 1 story of stairs and 4 stories from the pool. We are giving a 5 star review for the great service and personal attention given to us!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Abbey H, Public Relations Manager at Field Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are thrilled that you both had such a great stay with us and so enjoyed the Lark Suite! We are so glad that you found the service to be so great and our staff to be so amazing as it's our goal to ensure that guests stays are everything that they should be. Happy you enjoyed your spacious room with its nice views, cozy fireplace and romantic tub, as well as our great outdoor pool and we do hope to welcome you both back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Felt like we were staying in a place geared more towards college kids getting away for a weekend of skiing. Rooms felt stark with Ikea-like furniture. There were 2 modern lamps in the room that we never figured out how to turn on. Nice big shower stall. They give everyone an iPad to use to get info about the hotel and surrounding area, but truthfully, I didn't think we needed it. We visited during a shoulder season and the place had a feeling of not being fully functioning. Bar area was closed (although they said they would open it from 5:00 - 6:00 pm if guests wanted a glass of wine). Went out onto the deck for happy hour (we brought our own wine and cheese) and all the picnic tables were covered in thick pollen so no one had cleaned out there. We were told the next day that the deck was actually closed since it needed roof repairs and it was good that we sat at a table on the street side of the building! Really? If it's closed, lock the access door to it and put up some signs that say so! Hot tub closes at 9:00 which seemed early if you are coming back from being out to dinner, etc. and would like a soak before going to bed. Breakfast looked ok but a bit sparse. We went to breakfast across the street at McCarthy's Restaurant which was great. Wouldn't choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Abbey H, Public Relations Manager at Field Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We’re disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not what you were hoping for! We can understand that our hotel’s design and decor may not be for everyone but we do hope that you were comfortable in your room. Unfortunately our onsite restaurant, Picnic Social, has been closed since April, as it is undergoing a renovation (which we do make a note of upon check-in, on the iPad and on our website), but we do open the bar for happy hour from 5-6 PM daily and have a staff member stationed there. We are limited in the signage that we’re able to put up and we do utilize the area you mention to serve breakfast. We can certainly understand your frustration with wanting to dip in the pool later than 9 PM however, there are rooms which directly overlook the pool and hottub and therefore keeping them open past that time can be a disturbance to other guests.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I decided to give Field Guide a try as I have visited one of the Lark sister properties. This one did not add up. If you're comfortable with an outdated air conditioner booming all night this might be the place for you. I need to tell you that the handles to open the windows were missing. That being shared know that I had no choice and had to leave the AC on as the room was quite warm. I am sensitive to "smells" and did notice a musty odor, not sure if it came from the outdated AC or from the bathroom sink which did not drain properly. Overall my experience was not what I was hoping for. I have found greater comfort on a red-eye flight from the west coast to the east coast, and the bathroom at Field Guide was not much bigger than one might find on a first class flight. Lastly, the front desk was closed from 10PM -8AM, I was made aware of that upon check in, had I known that as I booked I would have changed my plan. I was traveling alone and having to let myself into the building late at night was kind of creepy. I will not return, there are many other places to choose from in Stowe. I have stayed at 5 others...and have always had a restful night.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Susan M

We’re dismayed to hear of your disappointing experience while staying with us. We’re aware that our guest services team has been in contact with you however, we always encourage guests to connect with staff during their stay if any issues arise, as many of the concerns that you mention are things that could be remedied while on-property. We do inform guests that staff lives on site, as well as provide an emergency contact number that can be utilized if there is no one at the front desk. As always, we encourage you to give us another try, as we would love to show you how wonderful staying with us can be!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I just spent the week-end at Field Guide hotel...Everything was amazing! The hotel is beautiful, the design is awesome...the swimming pool area is great too. We spent the weekend with some friends for my sister's 45 birthday. The staff were so helpful helping organize all activities and restaurants' booking. Looking forward to come back soon :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Abbey H, Public Relations Manager at Field Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

So happy to hear that enjoyed such a fun weekend with us in Stowe! Love that our staff was able to help organize restaurant bookings and fun activities and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of the great pool area. We're already looking forward to seeing you for your next stay!