“Recommend!!!”
Review of Honey Road

Honey Road
Ranked #23 of 244 Restaurants in Burlington
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great little restaurant on the corner of Church Street. They serve small shareable plates of Mediterranean style dishes. We enjoyed its freshness, great spice and taste! Service was excellent. Make reservations for sure! Bar is quite well stocked and great wine too! We really loved it!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you're looking for something different in the Burlington area, look no further than Honey Road. Though there are very many wonderful restaurants in the Queen City, none has a menu at all similar to this one, which can best be described as Middle Eastern tapas. All the spreads are fabulous. Order them with the homemade pita bread. Other highlights for us included the fried zucchini, and the lamb pide (which is essentially ground lamb sausage and cheese baked on top of a large flatbread). Our friends also very much enjoyed the harissa chicken wings and the lamb chops. Many vegetarian options, an excellent wine list, and incredible service that is knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. The only reason I wouldn't give it a full 5 stars is because I thought the haloumi dish was a little on the chewy side and because though the octopus was extremely tender and tasty, I thought the bed of orzo an odd match for it. But putting aside those small missteps, Honey Road is most definitely a destination restaurant

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Small plates of Middle Eastern fare with a decidedly Vermont touch made for an exquisite meal with a friend on a recent warm, late Spring night on the terrace on Church Street. Would love to have the option of a sampler appetizer with assorted hummus and other dips. Ask for crudités: they are not listed on the menu. Order a delicious cocktail or wine spritzer, and reveal in the freshness of it all: the food, the air, your company.

Bill for two plus 4 drinks and tip was about $64 a person.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I have lived in Burlington for five years and rarely write reviews for places in my adopted hometown... I most often post on TripAdvisor when I am traveling. Only when something in my town stands out as absolutely exceptional do I post about it.... and Honey Road completely qualifies!!! I went there for the first time two months ago and fell in love with the food, the ambiance, the service, everything. Last night, my mother was in town and we took a chance that they might have a table, even though it's been booked up for months and we didn't have a reservation. They were able to seat us right away and my mom informed our server, Kayla, of her food allergy. That's when Kayla did something that no one, in the 35 years that I've been dining with this woman and her food allergy, has ever done... she took the menu, crossed off anything my mom couldn't have, and indicated anything that she could have modified, and finally indicated all the dishes that were completely safe. I can't tell you how much this meant to my mom and myself, and it made the ordering process so much easier on her. Kayla was amazing all night and the service was beyond expectation. The food was also fantastic, once again. Honey Road is definitely my new favorite restaurant, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

While it is true, you can run up a pretty big bill here, the food and service are uniformly superb. There were two of us and were well satisfied with a total of 4 items.

The dining room is small but charming. Our servers were very informative in both describing the possible dishes we were considering and in giving accurate wine advice.

The dishes are all quite creative and some are pretty exotic so I would suggest really perusing the menu and asking questions before committing. We decided on 4 items to start and figured if we still wanted more we could add. As it turned out that wasn't necessary.

This kind of menu is always a bit on the higher priced side but we felt that it was well worth it for such a wonderful experience.