All reviewsthe club loungeconference centerclose to the airportfree shuttleindoor poollarge hotelshuttle servicebreakfast buffetnice staycomfortable bedsshort drivethe room was nicethe hotel offerseasy accessconvenient locationfront desk staffcommon areas
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Second time visiting this hotel to visit UVM. Last time back in October it was called the Sheraton but they recently switched over to Doubletree. Hotel is undergoing an extensive renovation and there is a temporary entrance. Oddly it looked exactly the same 6 months ago. Room was good, bed comfy and pillows excellent. I am very picky about my pillows! My room had an interior facing window which I was not crazy about. Room was on the first floor and close to an exit door, so very easy in and out so fine for one night. Last time I recall a confusing maze of hallways and getting lost looking for our room. Shuttle service into town was very convenient and the driver was very friendly. We had considered staying at the new Hilton Garden Inn right downtown instead this time, but since the Accepted Students day check in was actually at this hotel, we figured this was the most convenient for our purposes. The special rate was very affordable as well. I know regular prices are pretty expensive. My one negative really is the lack of a hot tub! Also there was no body wash and only one bar of soap for both the sink and shower, but maybe this was an oversight. My kids appreciated the hot cookies at check in! Also, my younger son left his very expensive memory foam pillow in the room and we didn't realize until several hours later. The front desk agent gave me a key to get back in the room which was just being cleaned and I found it! Very fortuitous timing! I appreciated her helpfulness.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tristan H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Greetings SAH1965 -

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and congrats on your child's acceptance to UVM. Our team goes out of their way to ensure all guest needs are met and exceeded. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again through your child's years at UVM.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I only stayed one night so I did not have time to really check out the larger amenities. The location is highly convenient, right off I-89 and literally a 2 min drive from the UVM campus. The room I was given was a little off from the lobby, and the signs weren't clear enough to get me back to the lobby, but it wasn't inconvenient. The room wasn't the best, it could definitely have used some real deep cleaning - lot of dusty surfaces, and the chair had a lot of stains. The lights in the room were flickering, and a lamp was broken. The phone next to the bed didn't work.

HOWEVER, the reason for my 4 stars is entirely for the staff. Everyone from the cleaners to building services to the room service staff were AMAZING. They were prompt with responding to my requests, were very cordial and friendly, and really took the time to speak to me and make me feel welcome. I would recommend this hotel to business travelers or folks looking to be close to the UVM campus.

Greetings Surabhi C -

I am sorry for the opportunities you encountered in your room. This is not what we want for our guests to experience and is not typical for our hotel. That being said thank you so much for the kind words regarding our team members. This is typical for our property and I am glad you were ble to experience there world class service. We do hope to see you again and please feel free to reach out to me at any time via email at tristan.harris@hilton.com if you need assistance.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

The hotel is basically a 300+ room standard hotel. Nothing special but it is adjacent to the UVM campus so it's convenient. It's currently under construction which is a bit of a pain, but again it's location.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tristan H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Greetings TLH61293 -

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont. We are in the final days of our property imporvement and the front entry is the final piece. I apologize that it impacted your stay with us. Our location is great allowing our guests to visit the University of Vermont and their loved ones while being just steps away. We hopr you will come back and allow us to simply welcome you again and see our final product.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

No outlets or USB near beds; under construction, had to get to front lobby from back door; one elevator and 4th floor a maze to reach room; room service door hanger left from last guest, what else not turned over?

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michelle M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear JB702018,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about our property; here at the DoubleTree Burlington, we take feedback very seriously. Please feel free to email me at michelle.monette@hilton.com if you would like to connect directly.

All my best,
Michelle Monette
Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed 23 March 2018

The warm cookie at check in was a nice surprise. The staff are very friendly and helpful! The pool area is in the center, with all windows around it, which I don't like, but otherwise it is beautiful!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tristan H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Greetings jburge2018 -

So glad you liked the cookie! This DoubleTree's signature item and is intended to remind of being at home with mom baking and enjoying love and cookies. I am also glad you enjoyed your time with us and I do hope that you will be coming back to see us again soon!