“Took my 7 year old son out and had a blast”

Dixie Red Hills Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: This nine-hole golf course, built in 1965, was St. George's first, and is considered in the top nine-hole courses in Utah.
Reviewed 20 June 2016

I went with my friend and his son who is 7 and my son who was 7. My son has only been out a few times so this course was perfect. It is beautiful short and fun. There were a couple challenging holes but the kids loved it and so did the dads.

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

My wife and I are new to the game last year first time to Utah We stayed at the Movara fitness resort Sunday is their free time day so got a tea time at Dixie Red Hills Very nice the oldest golf course in Utah Nice beginner course We loved it would come back again !!

Reviewed 19 November 2015

Dixie Red Hills Golf Course was the first golf course built in St George. It is only a par 3 golf course, but the holes are challenging and the greens are small. It's fun to play and easy to walk. When you enter the Pro Shop you will get the sense of just how old this golf course is. The city would do itself a favor by modenrizing the club house, because this course is a part of history in St George.

Reviewed 25 March 2015

Dixie Red Hills is a nine hole course that has been around for many years. I remember playing it over forty years ago. It's located up against some mountains in a very picturesque setting. The course has a small but adequate driving range, a practice green and practice sand trap. The pro shop has a modest offering of golf clothing and equipment. Motorized cart rental is available. Walking the course could be a bit demanding if you are older as our group was. Even though this is only a nine hole course, that doesn't mean it's easy. There are plenty of challenges on the course. The one par five is especially fun if you are gutsy enough to cut the corner by going over the trees on the left or even gutsier by going over the mountain even further left. I managed to hit over the trees, but chickened out with the mountain. The greens are not flat. There are lots of undulations and slope. Overall, the course was in good shape. This is a fine course for a quick two hour round of golf.

2  Thank Mike M