“I would stay here again in a heartbeat!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Are you really going to do laundry on vacation?  Okay.
Hot tub
Our beloved park.
Crustaceans millions of years old are in our coveted park!
Plenty of parking for four cars.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SuziMarie...
Richmond, Texas, United States
“I would stay here again in a heartbeat!”
Reviewed 15 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

The "Cozy Cabin" is exactly that - cozy. After crossing the narrow river bridge and following the beautiful, green Blanco river, it already feels relaxing to pull into the driveway. The lush, green yard is shaded and the front porch is welcoming. The kitchen & living areas are well organized to accommodate guests, although the outdoors are far too inviting to spend time indoors.

The single bathroom has modern fixtures and plenty of toiletries are available for use. Instructions for the TV, WIFI, hot tub, etc., were well explained with notes left on the table. The kitchen is large, clean, and has plenty of appliances if the preference is to cook in the cabin instead of venturing into Wimberely or other Hill Country towns.

Cynthia went out of her way to make sure we had what we needed to fully enjoy the river. She bought a new kayak when she found out my husband was 6' 5" and didn't have kayaks that would support an adult of his stature! How amazing is that?! Her assistant Leda was available and answered questions during our stay and was so incredibly sweet and kind.

My dog LOVED it there. He chilled out on the porch, listening to the wind in the trees, the chirping birds, watched all the deer that also watched him when we went on walks. The young ones would follow us down the street (he's big, so they were curious) until the mama deer stomped her foot in disapproval and they ran back to her in the grass. Really... it's absolutely lovely there.

And the river? Just walk out the front door, cross a small street, walk down a hill, and slip into the river. There is private access to the right of the cabin where the kayaks can "launch" with a little more "umph," or it's easy to get in right at the bank and start paddling. There is also an area to the left of the cabin where it is easier to get into the river using the hand rails. There are tents for use along the bank so bring extra beach towels for lounging (there are bath towels - and sheets and pillows - in the cabin).

I would recommend Cozy Cabin to friends and I would certainly book again. In fact, now I want to move to Wimberley and live on the riverside.

texangel7...
New Braunfels, Texas
“Almost everything was perfect EXCEPT....DIRTY HOT TUB=INFECTION RASH”
Reviewed 22 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

The cottage itself was amazingly beautiful and cozy. Very well kept and clean. The hot tub was a major appeal for our family. So we checked in and relaxed in the hot tub for several hours before Cynthia arrives as it's starting to get dark. She informed us, as our children were in the hot tub, that she forgot to treat it before our arrival. She instructed my husband on what chemicals to use and how much. So we got the kids out and treated it overnight as instructed. After our trip, we all ended up with a rash. It looked like mosquito bites but they did not itch and they were a little sore. I ended up taking three of my kids for appointments being how they were the ones with tons of these rash things. I paid $150 in copays and antibiotics. The doctor said it was an infection due to the hot tub. Not enough chlorine in the water is what she said. SO needless to say, it was a very bad experience for my family. We had fun but ended up coming home full of rashes and all over bacteria from a dirty hot tub that was not treated/cleaned/sanitized the way it needed to be. And we are all still dealing with this... myself included. (SIDE NOTE: Originally I thought bed bugs and when I text Cynthia to very politely inform her simply to let her know in order for her to address the issue, she got defensive and was more concerned about a bad review. That was her main concern. My review. Not us, not the children, not the rashes. The review) We will not be returning again. A simple apology and concern over what I was telling her would have gone a long way. I would have left a better review. But Cynthia's initial lack of sympathy and her concern about my review left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
2 May 2017
This is just plain sad. We do try hard. Their little kids, several of them, were literally in the tub hours upon hours each day of their stay, and they didn't treat the tub as instructed between their family daily use times. I really don't know what else to say. Hot tubs don't treat themselves between usage. Once guests are there, they either have to ask us to do it for them every couple of days (every day with high usage) or follow our instructions and do it themselves. It's really not that hard. It's a 1/4 cup of shock after usage and maintain one small tablet of chlorine in the skimmer. If there's heavy use, they need to call us to remove the filter or simply do it themselves. Wash it with the water hose and put it back in. That's it. :(
I'm sorry these people had problems, but she was having none of my apology, no matter how sincere I tried to offer it.
Letitia A
Houston, Texas
“Five since 5 annual girls trip”
Reviewed 18 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Five friends since age 5 planned a girls weekend.
This cabin was off the main road in a nice quiet area, directly across from the Blanco River, just a few miles from town. Everything we could have asked for or needed was provided in the cabin. Even though a couple of the burners on the stove didn't work - we cooked and baked just fine. Nice washer and dryer.
TV worked great. Didn't see a dvd player - would be nice to have for a movie night.
Beds were comfy. Noise was little to none.
It was a small but comfortable cabin, with a nice hot tub right outside. The bathroom has a nice walk in shower with great water pressure.
We enjoyed seeing the group of deer and lightening bugs in the evening and sitting on the front porch.. Easy walk to the park down by the river (or you can drive there too)
I'd say it may be a little too small for 5 or 6 people, easier for 4, but we had 5 adults and it worked out fine for us.
Sadly we only had a two night stay and had to leave very early on our last morning due to heavy rains bringing the river levels up to flood stage. We heeded the flood warnings.
Would definitely stay here again.
Also, the letter telling the story behind the cabin, how it got its name and its history is a good read.

Travelling group: Friends
Management Response
2 May 2017
The cottage has been completely redone since the historic floods of Memorial Day 2015. Please read our reviews on other sites as well. Come see us!
Round Top, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Joy K
Houston, Texas
“Leaving today.”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Stayed at Ramsay's Cozy Cottage for 3 short nights ,
Beautiful area, the cottage is cozy and has everything you'll need.
Loved sitting on the front porch swing, I can't remember the last time I felt this relaxed. Wish our stay was longer!!!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing