“Nice place for lunch”

Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 445 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Ninja’s was a very nice place for a business lunch. Good Tex-Mex food. It can be a little noisy, but that was not a hindrance to our group.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We went here because of this restaurant's history and reputation. This is THE place to eat Mexican food in Waco. The atmosphere is great. With high ceilings and large dining areas, it's easy to see why so many people go there to celebrate special occasions. HOWEVER, this restaurant wasn't, in my opinion, anything special. I've definately had better Mexican food in other places. Staff was friendly, and food was hot. But prices were way too high.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We’re in town from Ga, and we had been told “how great Ninfas is” and my mom and I were very excited to try it! Needless to say, we were very disappointed. The salsa was extremely too hot, and the green salsa was bleh. Our dishes came out and everything was just so plain. I was really expecting some traditional, greatly spiced and great tasting Mexican food, but it came out tasting like Tex Mex (which I don’t like). The refried beans were fine, the rice was dry (and I couldn’t even cover the rice in salsa to make it better- because the salsa was so spicy!) My taco tasted like a high school cafeterias, for real. The beef had no taste, it was the cheddar cheese on top, not even the Mexican white cheese. The service was great though, I’ll give them that!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

The food was delicious and our waitress was amazing. I have never been to a restaurant that serves guacamole and salsa. Not usually a guacamole fan, but it was delicious!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Family birthday dinner and Father’s Day Celebration for nine of us was not a good experience. We made reservations requesting downstairs. They were going to put us upstairs when we arrived . We were seated at a table that had spilled water and food on the floor. We started with two waiters and ended with one and they both disappeared for long periods. We had to ask that the table be cleared so that we could have birthday sopapillas. The flour tortillas were very dry and hard on the edges. It was an all around poor experience for such a special occasion.

Been to Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!