“Good Food, Great Atmosphere!”
Review of Tesla's Cafe And Coffee Pub - CLOSED

Tesla's Cafe And Coffee Pub
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Love the ambiance of this place - so neat that it is in an old house! We loved the decor and feel of the place. The menu is small, but we enjoyed what we ordered. I recommend the hot chocolate!

We do wish that we had had the opportunity to sit somewhere with a better view - we had no idea you could eat upstairs! We had a table right next to the bathroom, and as cozy as the corner was, we were very aware of everyone who came in and out of the restroom while we ate.

Regardless, we have friends visiting Waco soon and this was the first place we recommended to eat!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Had a nice midweek lunch with a party of four. The coffee is GREAT. The menu is limited, but offerings are very tasty. Mostly BBQ, salads, and soups. Prices are a bit expensive, but not too bad. Lunch bill with tip was ~$15/person. Service needs improvement, but the novice staff seem to genuinely be trying. Dining area is homey, but can quickly become noisy if multiple parties are in the same room, which is needed for a successful restaurant.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Got this recommendation from our hotel as great place for coffee & waffles. Although we ended up eating the barbecue & banana pudding instead, we really enjoyed both. The barbecue sauce was very vinegar-y & very tasty. Different from our usual. Meat was very good. Banana pudding was old-fashioned good! Restaurant is located in a historic building. A big “shout out” to our EXCELLENT server Melissa who made this dining experience fun & interesting!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Great Atmosphere. Just go for the coffee. I've been for breakfast and lunch. The waffle was TINY and hard in a way that it should not be. It was not crispy... almost like it had been made awhile ago and then rewarmed up. The lunch I had was average. Nothing great... Much better places to eat but it's a cute place to get coffee.

1  Thank Hannah K
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Wow! Not sure what the others are talking about. I just went there this morning and got what I was looking for and then some. When I arrived the wait was 40+mins to be seated, but, 5 minutes of waiting and the hostess came up to me and said they just had another server come in and sat me right away. Christine (I believe her name was) was very professional and kind. She had a great suggestion for coffee and she continuously checked back with me to make sure all was good through out my visit. Now, for the food, all was quite delicious. The fruit seemed to be fresh berries and a good portion I might add, and the Nova Lox omelet was absolutely tasty!! I just arrived to Waco for a 6 month assignment and you can guarantee I will be going here for breakfast every Sunday.