“Nice but too hot for the parfait”

The Grove Kitchen & Gardens
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grove Kitchen & Gardens is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 415 Restaurants in Tyler
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We had a bridal shower on the Alice in Wonderland Patio. It was a fun area and perfect for our needs even though it was hot. The parfait should not have been placed on the tables ahead of time-it was soup instead of parfait. The Kale Caesar and Chicken tamale were good and filling but the candied bacon was scrumptious.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I really liked my first experience with the grove. We had reservations to dine but they had half price appetizers and $2 off wine in the bar so we sat in there and just tried appetizers for our meal. Everything we ate was delicious. They had trivia in the smoke shack so we moved over there after. They have a big outdoor area with ping pong, giant jenga, corn hole and giant bean bags. They offer fancy and kid friendly and laid back in the same space. My only reason for not giving it five stars is my wine glass was a little smudgy looking and the bathroom sheet rock had a huge hole. Little details that somewhat throw the vibe off on a nice place like that. I’ll definitely be going back!

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

It was to be an evening of joy to celebrate our 39th Anniversary and another couple celebrating 40th Anniversary. Little or barley little service. Waited and waited for food with others being served before us! Finally food is delivered and at best is a little warm or cool. Food was good and taste but could have been better had it been warmer or even hot! Atmosphere was noisy and we could hardly hear each other to visit. Will not return and do not recommend. Business causal is listed as dress and waiters and waitresses wear blue jeans. Dishes below were ordered but barely warm!

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Great Decor and atmosphere. Great happy hour on both drinks and appetizers. Everyone was nice. We had a reservation and our table was waiting on us. There were 6 of us. All our appetizers and food that we ordered was right. Food was very good. Live music started and that made for a nice ending to the evening. A couple cons I had were, our server was very slow and sometimes we didn’t see her for quit a while. It took a very long time to get our food, and it wasn’t real busy. And the sea bass I had came out without any sauce on it or the plate. Pretty dry fish. I was going to have our server bring some, but she was nowhere around. But, we will probably go back again.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We went on a Friday night to celebrate my sister's graduation and arrived pretty late. However, the food was incredible, our waitress was unbelievably attentive. My sister's commencement ceremony was outdoors and very hot, so she was concerned about her oily face-the waitress brought her a blotting sheet! We loved the wine we decided to try and we all enjoyed the food. We will definitely be back!

Been to The Grove Kitchen & Gardens? Share your experiences!