“Fun sunset ride!”
Review of The Stables

The Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: The Stables offers smaller, more personalized and safe Horseback riding on the beach/bay. We also have riding lessons and polo lessons available.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I wish I could remember the young lady who was our guide for our evening sunset ride on the beach because she was great! We chatted about the area and horses. My three girls had a great time and the horses were easy for them to control. We don’t ride on an every day or even yearly basis so it was nice to feel comfortable with the horses. The scenery is lovely, it is bay side and not ocean side. At the end we met Pud, the owner and he was just as nice and welcoming as our guide! I recommend going on the sunset ride, we had a fabulous time!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"scenery"
"spi"

Reviewed 11 June 2018

What an awesome experience! We took the sunrise tour and it was so much fun and beautiful! All of the horses were awesome and our 12-year old had a blast! She had never ridden before, so this was a thrill for her. Couldn't have asked for a better time. We will definitely be back to see them!!

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

My 14 year old daughter and I booked a sunrise ride at least a week in advance. We were told all of the horses were very nice quarter horses. We showed up precisely on time and our guide was still tacking up the horses for our group. Needless to say sunrise came and went. The guide was not welcoming or friendly. The two other women were mounted on slick healthy horses. My daughter and I were given very old lame horses. My daughters was arthritic and over at the knees. Both of ours were extremely slow. The leader along with the other riders were happily chatting together, well ahead, while our two horses were struggling to walk. They kept having to stop so we could catch up. My daughter and I are both experienced equestrians and we felt abusive on these poor horses. We had hoped to have a nice ride together, but it ended up depressing and sad. Don’t waste your time or money.

2  Thank bigdmommy
Reviewed 24 April 2018

I have always wanted to go horseback riding on the beach and after reading all of the wonderful reviews for The Stables on Trip Advisor I was super excited. I called the week before we were to arrive to make a reservation and was assured I would be able to go on the Sunset Beach ride during my 9 day vacation. I recalled when I arrived on the Island and booked the ride for Monday. I arrived at the stable about a half hour early but no one was there...at 15 minutes before my scheduled time, I received a call that the conditions were not favorable for that day. I tried everyday to book the ride but there always seemed to be a reason why we couldn't go. On our last night on the Island the weather was great and everything seemed to be perfect for a sunset ride. We arrived on time to find once again that no one was there. I called and was told he was running late, we said we would wait. We were told he was coming....he NEVER showed up or even called! We watched the sunset from our car parked outside of The Stables locked gate with the horses in our view. We were SO disappointed.

2  Thank Leslie P