Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews tom foolery great wolf lodge piano bar double cut indoor waterpark staff was friendly parking lot grotto steroids lux jets retail refrigerator tub amenities texas
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for a weekend last month for our son’s 6th birthday and had a wonderful time. We brought one of his friends along as well as our one year old daughter. The arcade was so much fun and the kids really enjoyed the prizes! We ate at B-Lux and the food was delicious! The service was a bit slow but the kiddos were occupied so no worries there. We did one of the escape rooms and it was so fun and the staff members were super helpful. And the Christmas decor was absolutely gorgeous!
The major reason I am only giving 3 stars is because the rooms were a huge disappointment. To start things off, they gave us a dirty room. So after waiting in line to check in for as least half an hour we had to go back downstairs and wait for them to give us a clean room. And then they said they were giving us a better room, but it was really just the same room a couple floors higher. An hour wasted. The sheets were terribly rough. My husband referred to it as “covering up with a piece of construction paper”. And the pillows were all the same, overstuffed, and soooooo uncomfortable. If we return I will most definitely bring my own pillow at least! We could also hear everything going on in the hallways and in our neighboring rooms. We stay at great wolf lodge at least once a year and have never had these types of issues. I’m hoping they upgrade the linens at least.
So other than the subpar lodging, Kalahari is wonderful!

Date of stay: December 2020
4  Thank LibbyJS4
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was a last minute trip (no real time to plan) and I had not properly researched. Of note, when you arrive, you can get your bags down by the front lobby (on your own due to COVID, but carts are available). Then you have to go park (really far). This will be challenging if you are alone with kids. You could park first, but that’s a hike.

The place is stunning when you walk in and they have plenty of elevators, but not everyone was respectful of the one family per elevator request they have posted.

Our room was nice, but there was no hand soap. I couldn’t believe that in the time of COVID, no soap?

The shower products were low. You would think those would get refilled.

The food at most of the places was good/great but everything is ridiculously expensive.

A Gatorade was $5! What? There is a Walmart and HEB down the road.

The water park was amazing, but you have to walk through Tom Foolery to get to it and a whole bunch of other stores. Well played! Of note: the towels at the park are small, rough, and you can’t take them out! So that means if you don’t bring your own towels or change of clothes, you’re walking out of there pretty wet/cold. Take your own towels! No outside food or drinks are allowed.

Tom Foolery was pretty great, but their roller coaster attraction didn’t work the entire time we were there.

My kid needed first aid at the water park and I just got some terrible quality bandaids from them. $40 later for Neosporin, bandaids, and kids Tylenol from their market, we were all set.
Pack your own first aid kit. I usually do, but again, the last minute trip.

They have an adults only section at the water park and that was fantastic.

This place was a lot of fun and we absolutely will be back - with better planning.

2  Thank 12lesliec
Reviewed 7 January 2021

My husband and I drove from Arizona to join my son's family in Round Rock. The Kalahari was suggested as a place to stay. And it turned out to be a perfect place for us all, considering that our family consisted of ages from 2 yrs old to 71 yrs. The resort is beautiful, especially as it was wonderfully decorated for the holidays. My little granddaughter squealed with joy when she saw the massive musical Christmas tree. I must add that the resort, amenities and rooms were spotless. Great care was taken for pandemic safety.

The crown jewel of this resort is it's water park. It was jaw dropping, as I had had no experience with indoor waterparks. The children's area was so fun for grandma and baby. We all loved the wave pool, lazy river, and the adults marveled at the Grotto. My family had to coax me out of the water. There was something fun for everyone.

We enjoyed breakfast at The Great Karoo café every morning. The food was excellent, and we especially enjoyed the buffet. Everyone who served and seated us was pleasant, and especially personable. Two employees stand out and will be mentioned in a note to management.

The only strange thing was one evening we experienced an emergency call for everyone to evacuate their rooms and not to use the elevators. There were families running down the stairs in their nightwear. We all got down to the lobby and there was no explanation if the emergency was real or an accident. We all looked at one another and returned to our rooms. One night there was a loud domestic disturbance in the next room. Security took care of the situation very quickly.

Our family had a fantastic time and we look forward to enjoying the resort again soon. Marveled everyday at the life sized herd of elephants just outside the entrance.

Room tip: If one has mobility issues, request a room closer to the elevators. The halls can be very long.
Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank christine g
Reviewed 4 January 2021 via mobile

First let me preface by saying we are normally not huge fans of indoor water park hotels. We do not like the one in grapevine tx as we feel it’s overpriced with crap food. We have loved our stay at Kalarhi. The rooms are new, modern and clean. The restaurants are all nice and while they cater to more adults there are kids menu items everywhere so everyone wins. Also our kids are 9 and almost 12 so they were able to roam free in the water park. We spent a little time in the adult grotto area which was an amazing feature. Swim up bar with sports playing on the tv. This place has something for everyone as the little kid area looked awesome. The indoor play place Tom Foolery has kept my kids occupied for a few hours riding the rides and playing video games. I’ve read some of the complaints that it’s too nice but I disagree. $24 for a carne asada entree to me is similar price to a chain restaurant. We live in north Texas but will easily make the 3 hour drive to come back here again. Two thumbs up kalahari!!!!

1  Thank twinkler06
Reviewed 4 January 2021 via mobile

Stayed here for a 3 night getaway. The hotel is beautiful. Every single person we came across were amazingly friendly and helpful. Love that your key and payment option is a wrist band so you don’t have to walk around keeping up with a key or money. They have a text system set up to request things or report things, made it much easier than calling the front desk or having to walk down to the front desk.

The rooms however were underwhelming. Very average and lacking.

Few issues we came across in the room we had:

1) Soap dispensers are locked down and on the opposite side of the counter from the sink. Not a big issue for an adult, but the kids had issues not getting water or soap everywhere.
2) The sink is very high for little ones, nothing for them to stand on, so you have to hold them to wash hands and brush teeth.
3) Room sleeps 6, but it was very small for 4 people and the “table” is a small area on the same place as the TV. Not a big issue, but we only had 1 chair and 2 kids. If you order room service or bring food... plan for kids to eat on the floor or on the bed or only 1 at a time.
4) Walls are EXTREMELY thin. You can hear TVs and conversations in the rooms next to you. Not yelling, just simple conversations. It sounded like the people were in the same room and was very annoying - especially at midnight.
5) They do not replace the soap in the dispenser after each guest, the bottles are large and we had to call for for soap during our stay.
6) During a time when COVID has companies cleaning more and making a stance on how clean they are... room wasn’t that clean. We noticed after we were already there for a bit candy wrappers and food we didn’t have behind things.

The hotel itself seemed very clean, but the signs around stating how clean they are and what they require clearly were there just for show. We rarely saw anyone cleaning the sitting areas and tables. They claim to require masks, but many on staff wasn’t wearing them properly and security didn’t seem to care about the guests wearing them or not. They have disinfectant wipe stations throughout, but many are empty. Only mention this, because of its part of your marketing, probably should stick with it.

Overall we enjoyed the place. Just has things that I’d expect in a lower quality hotel and not in a resort with the price tag this place has.

3  Thank psh1978
Kristann Hartley, Marketing at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2021

Thank you for choosing Kalahari Resorts. While I am glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay I would like to connect you with our Resort Guest Services team to address some of your concerns, in hopes that your next visit with us will be better. Kindly email me at TXConnect@KalahariResorts.com & reference your Trip Advisor review. We look forward to connecting with you.