All reviews free washer and dryer house hunting trip sports teams staying tremendous staff free breakfast flavored water weekend tournament tortillas powdered eggs appointed rooms the staff was super friendly blackout shades newer hotel great hotel visit family awesome place to stay shopping and restaurants
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My friend and I stayed in rooms 407 and 410 on June 23-24th. We arrived at 2pm and were told that our rooms were not ready when we checked in. We were ok with that and asked if we could get our rooms to be connected. The clerk was friendly and said that it would be no problem to accommodate our request. She said to come back later and she'd set it up. We left, had dinner and came back at 7pm to be told by the agent on call that our request couldn't be met.

All night long kids ran up and down the hall slamming doors, screaming and yelling and playing ding-dong -ditch. We both called the front dest and was told that the hotel would calm the noise down at midnight (it was after 10pm). There were several groups of teenagers/sports teams staying overnight. There was a security guard in the parking lot but he never came to our floor. When we talked to the hotel manager the next morning he offered us an insincere and surly apology.

The next night we did not have the kids running rampant but there was a very loud party going on in room 406. Our next door neighbor came out of his room and pounded on their door and told them to be quiet.

I specifically chose Hyatt Place because I have stayed at many of Hyatt Place locations and have had good, tranquil experiences. If Hyatt wants to continue to market the chain as a mid-to-upper tier travel option then they need to make sure that the guests have a good nights rest. I should have gone with the Marriott next door. Perhaps they should direct school sports teams to stay at another hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
mindimarshall, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin / Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi mspdesigner,

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your stay. I'm sorry you had such a poor experience during your stay with us and that we did not follow through on our promise at check-in or adequately address your noise complaints. Our quiet hours are starting at 10pm, so I'm disappointed that we did not ensure your (and other guests) night was not disturbed by the teams in house. I have shared your comments with our team to ensure we are visible on the floors after 10pm and addressing any concerns before they impact guests. Thank you for alerting me to your concerns so we can better care for all of our guests in the future. I hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again if in the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I would definitely recommend this hotel. Friendly welcome. Easy check-in/check-out. Only reason for the 4 stars in sleep quality was due to vibrating sound outside our room that was on the 6th floor. I would book it again if I am in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi kdcarroll2003,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. I have alerted our Chief Engineer to your comments regarding the sound outside your room so he can investigate. Thank you for letting us know! I hope you will visit again!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Breakfast is great. Rooms are updated and feel clean. Housekeeping comes as early as 8am and if your not ready for them your room doesn't get cleaned. Our room was not ready until 7:30pm to check in and staff didn't do a whole lot to make up for the inconvenience. Pool is very small.

Thank you for sharing your experience, brit082590,

I apologize for the issues you described with our housekeeping team and our lack of service while you waited. I have reviewed your comments with the team to ensure that we are taking care of guests while they wait and better servicing them once they are in house. Thank you for letting us know so we can ensure this doesn't happen again. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you if you return to the area.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We found this place and stayed one night but it was an exceptional night! Check-in was very easy. The employees were very friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful and had blackening shades which was nice because we were on the east side and it was bright very early. The bed was soft and the bathroom shower was beautiful! It was big and the towels were right in the shower so you didn't have to get out or reach over to get them beside the tub. The vanity and toilet were separate so you didn't have to worry about waiting for someone to get out of the bathroom to brush your teeth. The best was soft and comfortable! The coffee was exceptional for hotel coffee. And I think the most amazing thing was that they had food you could order throughout the night! We got in at almost midnight and went down to the bar and order a pizza and grilled cheese and some drinks and it was really good for being hotel food! We really enjoyed this place and will definitely be coming back!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for the glowing review, PA P! I'm glad we took such great care of you during your short visit. I hope you are able to return and stay longer next time! :)

Reviewed 18 June 2018

The room was very spacious, clean and very nice. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. Very good experience and a convenient location. Staff was very nice and very helpful!!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, rangelmona! I hope you will visit us again!