“Great Bar & Grill”

Double Schotts Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #177 of 295 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great bar & grill in Freheight Village. Food was spectacular - I had the ground beef nachos. Not too spicy and great portion size. I ordered their Monroe to drink and it was SO refreshing and subtly sweet. Tons of TV's and a dog friendly patio! Super excited to play shuffleboard when their game room opens next month.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

All staff were very friendly! We ordered the chips with salsa, queso, and guacamole. The chips were extremely stale and to give credit to our server she did bring out a new batch which were just as stale. She stated that if they were not any better they could make a new batch since those were made that morning. We decided to send the appetizer back due our queso already starting to harden from sitting for so long as we waited for new chips to be brought out. Menu is basic but if looking to go out for couple drinks and to watch sports this might be the place for you. No good drink specials, I asked! They definitely need to work on the drink specials and chips.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I stayed next door at the hotel and came here for late night food. The food was great, the servers were very nice and talkative. Lots of TV's to watch events as a traveler thats bored. I enjoyed my whole experience!

Reviewed 5 May 2018

This place really fell short of my expectations, I'm disappointed and will not be returning. The food isn't great, the service is worse.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Walked over here from the Homewood, very new and clean, plenty of televisions. I had the opportunity to meet and speak with the owner who was very pleasant and committed to the operation!

There is a nice variety here of craft beers, the usual beers. Food here was great and the prices are not going to hurt your business budget.