“Fun Relaxing Time with Fun water shouts”
Review of Comal River

Comal River
More attraction details
Owner description: A two-mile river (the world's shortest) that offers sites for family picnics and gatherings.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the first time me and my 4 children ever went tubing. We were with 2 experienced tubers. All 7 of us had a great time. We went on a Summer Wednesday and used Comal Tours. The tubes were great, I loved the ones with the bottoms. Nothing fell out of my tube- I did tie my bag down and had my phone in a water proof lanyard.

You do need to watch out for the first shout and any young children that our not great swimmers should use a life jacket. We were 3 people two tied together and one I was holding hands with. Well my husband went through no problem except fast because I could no hold on to his had and me and our son went out the wrong way and had to get back into it again to go down the river. The second shout is much tamer. by the end we were all tied together and it was great because all the kids got out of there's and the tubs just went along the way with us until they wanted them again. Remember to bring a sport bottle or thermos filled with what every you want. there is not plastic bottles- basically nothing that gets thrown away after use. like plastic and glass bottles. If you don't have all the things you need when you get to New Braunfels the Walmart has it all- water shoes, waterproof lanyards and boxes to keep it all dry. eye glass tethers that float, life jackets, rope basically all that you would need to have a safe fun time.

1  Thank Karen M
"texas heat"
"texas tubes"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It’s fun. The route I wanted wasn’t open due to low water. I took a different route which was less time. Drove from Houston so it was disappointing I didn’t get more time on the river. It was still fun and if you haven’t done it before.....well you should.

1  Thank Kent Q H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Charming spring fed river. Lots of places to get wet. Beautiful scenery. Wildlife. Watch the water flow, so clear you can see to the bottom.

2  Thank Jan R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had an amazing time floating down this 72 degree clear water! BUT... I made the mistake of taking my kids down the first rapid (you can bypass it) and my 10 year old got pulled under water and was down for way longer than what I’m comfortable with. The lifeguards had to help once he came to the surface and got pushed to the wall. He was TERRIFIED and kept saying he thought he was going to die. So, WARNING... the first rapid is great for teens and adults but NOT kids!! You can bypass it!!

15  Thank G G