“Got it to go”

Clear Springs Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Nacogdoches
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nested in the middle of the Piney Woods of East Texas, this Clear Springs location occupies what once was the first refrigerated warehouse West of the Mississippi River. Located next to a busy rail yard, this warehouse was ideal for getting food and supplies to people all over Texas and the United States. Stop in and see history on the walls and enjoy the Best Fried Catfish in Texas as voted by Texas Highways Magazine.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I love to eat at Clear Springs. I always order the fried shrimp. During the week I get it to go and eat at my office. Never too busy to get a great meal.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Clear Springs has the food and atmosphere that will please you. We have eaten there a number of timed through the years. The CFS is great as is the catfish and shrimp. Generous portions and good service. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Waitress took a long time to take our food order. Wait time for our meals to be delivered was excessive. I had the 8 oz. center-cut sirloin steak, which I ordered medium well. What I received was a dried-out well-done steak. I sent the steak back for a another. The second was better, but had a bitter after taste like it had been prepared on a dirty grille. My wife had a grilled chicken salad. She stated that her grilled chicken had the same bitter dirty grille taste as my steak (I let her sample my steak for comparison purposes. Also the waitress did not check by often enough for drink refills.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Great burgers and the chicken fried steak and onion rings are delicious. We eat here often and my out of town family always wants to eat here while they're in town.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We were staying in town and clear springs was recommended to us for dinner. Selection of food was good. Servers were great, very helpful and friendly. Quality of the food was excellent. I’ll definitely be back here when in town again