All reviews pool party rain shower on arrival pool area fridge and microwave walk in shower memory foam mattress bed and breakfast lovely hotel half board show cooking glass of bubbly massive bed garden room breakfast is served small hotel courtesy room
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The 2 of us stayed here for 1 week to celebrate my husbands retirement, enjoyed everything about this hotel, set in lovely greenery a nice pool area good food frendley staff clean room BIG BED and peaceful surroundings, only 5 mins stroll to the bars just perfect. We will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 206 perfect.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Julie R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Vanilla Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of Vanilla Garden Hotel **** through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay, as it is due to the effort and dedication of our team that we receive such nice comments :)

Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you could need or want. We are here at your entire disposal very glad to help you!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Much better than most of the hotels in tenerife, the hotel has a very nice fresh design. Completely immersed by palmas, flowers, plants all well organized and maintained. The staff is friendly and always ready if you have any request.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rangermaverick
Julie R, Director de Recepción at Vanilla Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Better late than never, stayed in Vanilla Garden late September 2017 with my boyfriend! Going to give a detailed review so hope this helps anyone :)

We arrived at the hotel late at night. The hotel is only 20 minutes in the coach from the airport (2nd/3rd stop) we were greeted at reception by a very friendly man who was nothing but helpful and handed us a glass of bubbles which added to the warm welcome.

Location of Hotel
The hotel is located on a side road up from the main strip, you dont hear any noise whatsoever from the strip and other bars near the hotel. There are so many bars and restaurants nearby - we ate out every evening which can be expensive but we did not mind this as we were on holiday and the evening meals in the hotel were AWFUL!!
On the first evening we sat down and another english lady staying at the hotel came up to me to tell me her food was cold, and to my shock so was ours.. put us completely off. The choice and selection was awful. Definitely recommend the pizza places down the road serving everything you can imagine and delicious :)

After the evening meal, we were not expecting much for breakfast but we were completely pleasantly surprised. Fantastic selection of full english breakfast plus extras such as churos/croissants etc.(all piping hot) and also a chef making fresh omelettes etc! My boyfriend is a massive coffee drinker and looked forward to his coffee after breakfast by the pool, he said it was amazing! Best breakfast we have both tried in any hotel abroad. I would definitely recommend staying 'Bed and Breakfast' as we were Half Board and felt it was completely wasted as we ate out every night.

Reception area is small but beautiful and you can sit down late at night after night out and have a drink. Main bar closes very early by the pool!
We had a late transfer time in evening so we booked the courtesy room first thing at half 8 in morning of day of departure and even at that time 2 people had got in before us to book it so go early!! they give you a room for half an hour to get showered and freshened up before your flight which was fantastic!

Thomsons rep not very helpful or nice, reception staff much nicer and far more helpful at recommending night spots for my boyfriend and I.

Rooms
One of the main downside to our holiday was our room. We were given a room on the ground floor and you had to walk down several dark alleyways to get to our room. Room itself was very clean, beds were amazing!! fantastic powerful shower and fridge/kettle. loads of storage space for clothing and drying rack on balcony/terrace for drying swimming costumes! One thing i would change about the room was the one tiny window in the bathroom, hardly let any air out so the place got steamed up so quickly! **Try and ask for a room with pool view or above ground level**
Air conditioning awful in rooms and hardly worked throughout the week. You are supposed to give a deposit for safe or it does not work but we tried it when we arrived in room and it worked perfectly without paying for it up until the second last day.
Cleaners in everyday with clean towels etc however I do not think our bedsheets were changed if i can remember.

Pool area was lovely not a huge rush early in morning to put towels on sofa beds with best sun view. They have a pool party 2 days a week with 2 for 1 cocktails and they take out inflatable toys which added to the fun. We also bought an inflatable rubber ring and used it in the pool.
Fantastic bar snack menu on ipad with tasty hotdogs and burgers just quite expensive. Drinks were rather expensive as well but definitely take advantage of the 2 for 1 cocktails like I did.

Great small supermarket just opposite hotel to right very cheap where we bought huge bottles of water and snacks. Also a fantastic chemist just opposite and if you turn left you will see 2 souvenir shops which sold everything and anything.

If you walk down hotel to right beside the strip there is a mini golf course with a bar and lots of pool tables with fantastic music blasting through speakers we were so annoyed that we found it on our last day! If you walk down the strip on the left you will come across 'Papagayo Beach Club' Highly recommend if you enjoy cocktails and they have huge sofas and beds all around the club by the sea. One thing put us off was the annoying men trying to sell fake items and people trying to get you into their bars.

I would definitely recommend getting a taxi to the Hard Rock Cafe area which is a far nicer part of las Americas with amazing shopping, bars and restaurants where we ate almost every night! Hard Rock cafe fantastic! So much choice I would definitely reccommend the cocktail bars further down the area, One was absolutely brilliant and the waiters were super friendly giving my boyfriend and I free shots of Tequila!!
Beautiful part of the resort with a huge Zara, Pull and Bear, Stradvirious, Pandora, MAC, Superdry and more for the shopaholics like myself!

From here you can walk to the neighboring town, Los Cristianos which offers an amazing beach, beautiful golden sand and huge much nicer than the beaches in Las Americas.

Siam Park and Siam Mall only 10/15 min by taxi definitely worth a visit!

+NOTE+ when getting a taxi back to hotel from any location almost every taxi man didnt know where our hotel was or had never heard of it.. we then caught on to say 'Hotel Gala' as it is right next door to our hotel which just meant a short walk after getting out of taxi ++
Taxis very cheap all throughout resort

AGE
Most of the residents staying were older than us only 1 or 2 other young couples staying at the same time as us, the majority were a lot older some elderly which we did not mind at all as we enjoyed the peace and quiet around the hotel.

Overall we had a fantastic time at Vanilla Garden and would absolutely recommend staying here. We just feel we paid far too much for what we got, booked through Thomsons (now TUI) feel we could have gotten it a lot cheaper had we searched around. I want to go back this year but my boyfriend wants to try a different country lol :(
Hope this helps some of you!

Room Tip: Ask for pool view if possible and a room NOT on the ground floor!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank kj6111
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

For a cheap winter sun holiday this place is great I’m to old but in high season it is perfectly placed just a few minutes walk to the nightlife.
The rooms are clean and comfortable with a modern design. The bed was a little hard for my taste but my wife slept like a baby.
We were half board but choose to ate out most nights which wasn’t a reflection on the buffet service restaurant we just like try different places. The food is good and from what we saw there was a fair few choices with a “cooked fresh” station which did steak, fresh fish & chicken to order.
Breakfast was the standard full English fare with a good selection fresh fruit and cereal
The pool bar serves snacks which were possibly the weak point with lots of frozen burgers and toasties. I had to send a chicken burger back due to the standard of the burger as I say the food on a whole is good.
The pool area is a little small but the beds and loungers are really comfy and I found it far to easy falling asleep in the sun. The pool was slightly heated so it didn’t take your breath. There is a 2nd sun deck above the restaurant which increases the number of beds.
The entertainment at night wasn’t up to much but I think they were just catering for the old age group. The bar also closed at 10pm but drinks could still be purchased at reception.
If your not taking pool towels then these are available from reception for a €20 deposit, if you want clean towels at any point that’s going to cost you €2 each.
In room safety deposit boxes can also be rented for €18 per week.
Late check out €25 if available. We were told the hotel was full when it clearly wasn’t but we were offered the free use of a “shower room” which you have to book on the morning of departure (get there early) for 1/2 hour slots.
Access is a little limited with lots of stairs to most of the rooms set across three floors in little blocks there was a ramp from the street to reception and then a path around the edge of the site which led to the pool area and the last block had a small lift.
The true test for me is would I go back and the answer is a firm yes.
Oh and only 20 minutes from the airport

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nottakenscreenname

Dear Guest,

I will let the Chef knows about the incident you had at the Pool Bar so we improve

As we were fully booked in March, I'm sorry we didn't have availability for Late Check-Out but I'm glad you apreciate our Courtesy Room for free :)

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Lovely hotel close to the bars and restaurants. Stayed for a week and had a great time, breakfast was excellent and evening meal was good but a bit limited. Room was spacious with kettle and microwave if you need one, also had a great shower. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank davidweaver46
Julie R, Director de Recepción at Vanilla Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear guest,

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay again this year, as it is due to the effort and dedication of our team, that we are able to achieve our goal – the total satisfaction of our guests.

We would love to welcoming you again if you want to stay at Vanilla Garden Hotel **** next time.

Do not hesitate to contact us before coming back for anything you could need or want. We are here at your entire disposal very glad to help you!