All reviews ceiling fan self catering supermarket directly across the road pool area air con minute walk great shower bars and restaurants the main block top floor plenty of sunbeds comfortable beds perfect location pleasant stay couples holiday balcony door powerful shower
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Upon arrival, we were told that the room we were due to stay in had water damage from a burst pipe so we would need to move to another hotel. It seems this was not the case and they had just overbooked.

We booked Coral California because it was adults only and very close to the centre of PDLA. The hotel we were moved to was neither of these. In fact, it seemed to specifically cater to families and children. There was annoying entertainment that went on throughout the day by the pool.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DaveLimerick
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

On arrival to coral California we were told that we could not stay at the hotel because there was a ‘burst pipe.’ If you have read previous reviews you will know that this is not true and in fact it was over booked. The receptionist could not have cared any less that we were not happy with this situation and we were told we had to move hotels as there was no other solution.

On arrival to the other hotel you are greated with a mandate that you had to sign stating in small print that you cannot claim any compensation if you decide to stay in the alternative hotel. However, I do feel that was dodged a bullet as the sister hotel was in fact a pleasant stay for us as a couple. We were compensated with half board which was beneficial financially. We were given a ground floor apartment which was spatious and the beds were very comfortable, with ceiling fans that kept us cool at night. Also there is a super market across the road that has everything you could possibly need.

Overall, I WOULD NOT recommend booking Coral California. However, their sister hotel Compostela beach resort II was a pleasant stay with friendly staff. You can walk to Playa las Americas in 10-15 minutes with a nice walk way. Also we taxi’d home every night which ranged from €4-8 Euro depending on which driver/day you get.

1  Thank Ceallach M
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner have recently returned from the coral California, the hotel is a lovely stay for the price we payed for it. The rooms are spacious and kept clean at all times. It has all the equipment you need for self catering. The hotel is a stone throw away from the main strip as we are a young couple we enjoyed the short distance to get there every night. The beds are very comfy which was a surprise as usually hotel beds aren’t. All the staff were really friendly and couldn’t do enough for you. Coral California is right next to the free bus to Siam park which is about a 15 minute ride away (would definitely recommend)

The only downsides to this hotel is that there is no air con in the hotel only a fan on the ceiling which wasn’t the best when getting ready. Being a girl having to dry and straighten your hair then put makeup on was a bit of a nightmare as it was so hot. Also the sun loungers round the pool were always full by people reserving them with the towels for the full day. So if you don’t get a lounger you would have to go elsewhere to fill out your day.

Other than that it’s a quiet nice hotel which I would recommend to people for a cheap and cheerful getaway

1  Thank lauren m
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I'm currently on my last day in these apartments and it just keeps getting worse. My fiance booked here for 12 days for my 30th birthday and it's just been a disaster. upon our first night of arriving we were told our room had a burst pipe so we had to be moved to their sister hotel 5 minutes down the road (having read previous reviews I knew they had overbooked and it was nothing to do with a pipe) anyway the sister hotel was nice so I didn't mind for one night considering we arrived late!. After returning the next morning we were told our room wasent ready so we had to wait another hour to get in and get showered. when we finally did get our room 9B I was really unhappy as it was on the ground floor with ants everywhere! I ask the very rude receptionist could we move but she said all rooms were booked up but if I paid an extra €20 a day she could fit us somewhere else, how considerate!! She was very rude considering they overbooked and even another couple experience was the same ours and told us if you booked with Jet2 or Thomas cook at a price of 1500 you would have no problem getting a room but because they paid separate like us we were moved and put in the worse room. Also I purposely booked and adults only hotel to avoid the noise and have a good sleep however 9 out of our 11 nights there was a couple who fought every night keeping us awake that I even complained to the security guard but nothing was done!! As for rest in the morning we were constantly woken by cleaners outside our room and guests coming home and every couple of mornings the cleaners just walked straight in to our room without knocking!! Safe to say I will be putting a complaint into travel republic when I go home and I will never return to these apartments should i come back to Tenerife!

2  Thank Rachelcx
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Coral California. The hotel is in a prime location, so close to restaurants/bars and only a 5 minute walk to the beach. The rooms were spotless and the maid came everyday apart from Wednesday and Sunday, fresh towels and fresh bedding which was great! The hotel is very modern and beautiful inside and felt very safe and secure. The hotel check out time is 12pm however they offer a luggage room and showers for people with a late flight, which was an absolute life saver for us! Which meant we could go out and enjoy our last day. The staff were also very helpful during our weeks stay and made us feel at ease.

However there are a few issues, such as having to rent out things such as irons and ironing boards and fans separately as I feel like these should be a staple in each room for guests.

There was no air con in the room, just a ceiling fan that didn’t really do anything for us, maybe it was broken as we felt no cold air coming from it whatsoever, it was so warm we had to sleep with our balcony door open all night which meant we didn’t sleep very well.

Lastly, please avoid the pool if you don’t want your swimwear ruining! The staff already know about this from previous customers. But it gave my bikini a tinge of green which I thought was suncream, however I went in the pool the day after and it turned my white bikini bright green after 10 minutes, which I have worn lots of times on previous holidays with no problems! Also sunbeds are already reserved before 7:30 most mornings and people don’t lay on them until around 1pm, even though it says this is not allowed.

Overall, I feel this hotel is good for those who enjoy being out and about on holiday due to its prime location, however to lay round the pool there would need to be more sun beds or the hotel stopping guests from reserving all day.

1  Thank millieemilyx