“Awful Place”

Ranked #60 of 196 Restaurants in Santa Ponsa
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: European, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant Royal Garden has capacity inside for 85-90 people, and a great terrace with capacity for 60 more people. COME TO ENJOY THE BEST INTERNATIONAL FOOD, TAPAS,PAELLAS AND MEATS TO THE BRASA, PIZZAS, PASTA AND OUR MEDITERRANEAN CUISINE WHERE OUR SPECIALISTS WILL PREPARE THE BEST DISHES FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF THE FAMILY. US
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Terrible place to eat, don’t waste your money!!!! Charged us for pints of lager when we had half pint glasses.... then tried to say they were pint glasses! Took them 15 minutes to ask us what we wanted to drink... Chaotic system with the waitresses all doing different things no one knows who’s doing what !!! Totally laughable. Food abysmal !!!! Avoid at all cost.

1  Thank lstevolangleymill

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Nice location and cheap food. Sadly, the food did not taste very good. I ordered a mixed tapas starter and received some rather tasteless meatballs, meat stew and a tuna/potato salad. My boyfriend ordered spareribs, which were overcooked and with too little marinade. When we asked for the check, the waitresses asked if I didn’t like the food, to which I quietly replied. One of the waitresses responded with the question «Why did you order it then?» in an arrogant tone. The other waitresses were friendly and served us two shots of local spirits on the house.

1  Thank rebekkagh
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I have eaten here three time's now & I have to say the food is very good. However I was very disappointed in how they handle the bill situation. First visit, I asked if it was possible to order the paella (as there was only me & they serve it for a min of 2 ppl), I asked if I could be served one portion & take the second portion away with me. I was told they would do paella for one for me, I thought this was a lovely gesture, until I received the bill & they'd charged me for two, not even a small discount was added. I decided not to argue it & just pay which brings me onto the very annoying bit. The bill was something like €34, so I put down €40. The tip was just over €5, but I was waiting for my change yo be returned as I was going to add a few more euro's to it, for good food & service (excluding the paella bit). The waitress hid out in the back, abd never brought the change. I waited quite a long time and ended up giving up .... She only came back out again as we were heading out of the restaurant. Long story short, I really enjoyed the food & it was perfect walking distance for my young son to have food, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt twice but sadly they did this with each bill ... they hide out in the back once you pay your bill & cling onto the change no more how great or small. Sad thing is when the tip is small, I do wait around for it to be returned so I can add more. For the greediness of it, sadly I won't be returning. I hope the owner see's this review and makes this small change, as if this wasn't done ... I'd return each night of our hol for tea.

2  Thank beth2440
Reviewed 7 June 2018

had steak with peppercorn sauce steak came rare after asking for well done had it cooked longer on grill but was very chewy not nice parter liked her lasagna

2  Thank paulcassidy456
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Had a really nice evening.garlic prawns a must. Salmon tagliatelle was to much to eat but so,so tasty.
Great value,great food,great service.

1  Thank rex97876