“Disappointment island ”

Ranked #30 of 187 Restaurants in Santa Ponsa
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Get me off this goddamn island!!!!
I came for a leisurely stay in the beautiful Santa Ponsa with my friends and unfortunate circumstances led us to this place. The unfortunate circumstances being that we were so hungry we took the first place we saw! We were attracted by the cheap prices but unfortunately stayed for the horrible service.
It hurts to type about the service we received but I’m going to give it my best shot. Clearly seen as outcasts as we were not locals we were seated hastily and pushed to order. When my friend’s food arrived and she didn’t say it was hers loud enough I genuinely thought our server was going to bite her head off. He walked away muttering something that sounded foul under his breath. When another friend of mine wanted to take her pizza away with her the server flung it at her as if he’d rather be somewhere else playing frisbee. I have to admire the curl and finesse of the throw and the flick of the wrist but come on.
As for myself , I had the misfortune to order spaghetti carbonara. A favourite of mine from home. To say I was disappointed is genuinely the understatement of the year. Uncooked pasta served with sauce that could easily be mistaken for vomit with peppers that clearly weren’t stated on the menu.
I urge you all not to make the mistake of going here as despite being a happy go lucky man this put a real downer on my holiday. Luckily the owner of the spar shop down the road managed to give us better service and all she did was scan my beer.
0/5

1  Thank Harry H

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We ordered salmon and chiken. There was little taste...
All the worst was dessert. Girlfriend was ordered "ice-creamcake", and i saw when waiter just took a cake with naked hands in the refrigerstor..
Im ordered FRESHFRUITS for desserts..in a picture you can see what was it.

Never again!

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Excellent value menu, very friendly staff.
No chance of a table on Sunday as full of Spanish families - so that is testament of how good it is!
Food is freshly prepared 'proper' food and good portion sizes.
Highly recommended.
(Closed on Tuesdays)

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Have visited the Rhein on many occasions and always had a superb meal. Very affordable especially if you have children.
Staff are all very helpful...would highly recommend.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

out for a walk when the weather wasn't so good and popped in for lunch with the kids as we had left meson la brasa just down the road as the guy was obviously so busy he didn't need our custom (he had two tables and was just plain rude)
easily turned out to be the best bit of our holiday.
was only about a quarter full when we arrived and totally packed out with mostly locals by the time we left.
3 set menus to choose from, ten euros, 15 or twenty I think? kids menu only a fiver inc ice cream and a lollipop.
all great value by the looks, and the food was simple, fresh, 'homely' portion sizes and very tasty.
really reminds me of a big, busy paris brasserie, except the service is much friendlier.