Hotel La Fonda(Benalmadena)
Reviews (2 772)
2 772 results
1 006
1 006
All reviewsbeach clubwater parkthe wow factorkids cluburu wokshuttle busbreakfast barjunior suitethomson repsbuffet restaurantstunning hotelevening entertainmentchocolate fountainhotel poolgames roompiano barmain restaurant
15 - 20 of 2 772 reviews

Rooms~
Rooms on Ground Floor are Lovely, can’t fault them. Large bathroom, separate bath & shower, 2 sinks.
Nice Sofa Area And television, good size balcony, beds are very firm.
The 5th floor is very very high and wouldn’t not reccomend at all !!! As evident in picture below.
If you are scared of heights or have a fear of lifts would definitely not recommend because if you don’t use lifts there’s a LOT OF STAIRS.

Restaurant~
Buffet restaurant has repetitive food, some days nice and others I couldn’t find anything I would want to eat and I’m not fussy. Was with a family member who cannot stand fish & they seemed to have a lot of it! Outside area is lovely there is a view of the sea to eat by. Only ate at the other Polynesian restaurant in the hotel & wouldn’t recommend, not much different to the main buffet.

Pool Area~
Swimming pool area is always clean, but can become very busy and gives a overcrowded feeling as the pool for the amount of guests is fairly small.
There is a large water park however more suitable for young children.
It includes a bus ride from the hotel down a steep hill.
You are asked to pay €20 for a ring for all slides and you only receive €14 euros back.
You receive no free food at the water park and only includes soft drinks.
People are allowed to reserve sun beds with towels, we were going down to the pool at around 7:30am to put our towels down because if not you’d be quite far back from the pool.
Only allowed rings in the pool, no lilos & pizzas ect....
Pool opens at 10-6 and has a fence put up around it just after 6 o clock.

Spa-
Would not reccomend the spa at all, water isn’t particularly warm, is very basic and isn’t really worth the time.

Entertainment~
Entertainment is very good In the day but also repetitive, I became sick to death of hearing the same music every day after a week. I was ready to leave.
Pool side games are simple & aimed at small children.
However they have one activity for adults in the pool late afternoon.
Evening Entertainment for the children starts very late and the adult entertainment is quite short after this and finishes by 11pm. Small children continue to be involved throughout.
If you have you have small children this hotel will be great for you but if they are slightly older I would not
recommend.

Location~
The location is rather far from Benalmádena and Fuengerola. I would advise that if you are a fan of going to the beach and the small Shopping areas that you should find a hotel much closer as taxis were almost €15 each way.

Staff~
Staff are all lovely and helpful. Many of them speak fluent English. Never had a problem with them understanding me.

Shop~
There is a shop with everything we could have possibly needed on the bottom floor. Opens 10am-9pm.

1  Thank JJames18
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Apprehensive about staying here after reviews. We however really enjoyed our stay here. Staff from reception to waiting and bar staff were friendly and efficient. Food was plentiful, hot and of a good variety. There were if course burgers, nuggets should and chips for children but there was lots of other dishes to choose from. We didn't encounter queues for food only usually 2 or 3 in front. Beds were comfortable yes maybe on firm side but we slept very well. The only downside to this hotel is its location but we did not feel the need to venture further than the water park except for a visit to the marina. There are plenty of taxis and buses into belamedina at the bottom of the hill which is easily accessed by the free shuttle bus.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Ant D
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have just got back from a 10 night stay.

The staff at the hotel are amazing. I didn’t meet one staff member who wasn’t polite and smiley. The entertainment staff are an absolute credit. The ladies doing aqua were so energetic and excitable they made the poolside such fun. The entire entertainment team were fun and appeared to enjoy their job. The staff in the kids club were amazing too.

The day time entertainment around the pool was brilliant. Always something happening and very vibrant and fun. The evening entertainment, however, was appalling! The kids entertainment lasted 1 hour max. Half of that consisted of giving out awards for the games during the day (most of the people weren’t there) and the other half was doing the ridiculous Chichy Wah dance etc. Luckily our kids are 1 and 4 so they were happy to go to bed. It was barely worth the effort of walking down there!

There is a trampoline, small electric car and a bugger trampoline for the children but they do cost €2-4 each. There is also a small park which the kids enjoyed.

We paid extra (€12 per device) for WiFi and that was the biggest waste of money ever! The WiFi was shocking and in the end I turned it off and used my 4G as that was far better (I knew this as I suddenly received about a hundred emails and what’s app messages that hadn’t come through on the WiFi).

There is a small kitchen in the room which is very handy and I was really grateful for that. The room was very clean. The bed was by far the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. By the final day I struggled to lift my 1 year old because my back hurt so much from the bed.

Considering we went in June, there were a lot of queues. Queue for drinks at the pool and in the Mai Tai bar, queue for “hot” food, queue for trampoline and not to mention the average 10-20 minutes wait for the lift each time!

The food was pretty average for an average all inclusive hotel in Europe! The breakfast pancakes however were amazing!!!!

The other two restaurants were Polynesian and oriental. The Polynesian was gorgeous food - so tasty - the Uru Wok, not so much!!!

The “water park” is not really a water park as far as I’m concerned. It was nice and out eldest loved it. There was also one pool that warmed up by the afternoon so that was nice. You can book a seat in the restaurant the night before but we never did. We paid for food down there (€6 for a pizza, €3 for chips and €4.50 for a baguette) and it was a nice change to have hot food so well worth the money! I was annoyed on our first visit to the “water park” as the beds around the top pool had a sign saying “2 beds and a bottle of cava for €20”. There was no sun lounger a Available so I went to pay for the beds but the man told me they had just gone up in price to €40 and would not honour the price on the sign (even though noone used them the entire time we were there!). Little tip - if you can’t find a sunbed there is a splash pad pool at the top of the stairs that generally has some spare loungers.

All in all, we had a lovely holiday but I’m not convinced it’s worthy of 4 stars.

1  Thank lexy28_21
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Was worried after reading mixed reviews
Our first family holiday
We have a 7 month old and 3 year old

Room was great
Cleaning around the hotel was excellent
Life Guards v good
Hotel children’s team were so amazing
Happy and caring energetic loved that they appeared to care and want us to have fun

Kids club was v good
Early entertainment good we didn’t stay for main kids show as our children so young and needed sleep
The team that run aqua aerobics dancing and stretching are fab so much fun

Kettle was great and fridge so we could feed our baby

A very good family friendly resort

Shop, Reception,Bar staff friendly

Beach club was really good my son loved it
Great they had large bubble pool for adults

Although food was better at hotel than beach club I felt

Food was ok for all inclusive for me I found it hard as I’m cows milk intolerant my son however loved pizza nuggets chips
Loved that they had soya milk lactose free milk and soya yougert v good

Maybe clear colour code labelling for food would have been good for people intorelant eg gluten free cows milk free etc ... I found it hard and I couldn’t eat much dessert although on my last day I asked lady who took me to restaurant manger and said he can do me cows milk free rice pudding which was lovely of him if only I asked on day 1 !

Would recommend this place although it is a bit out the way but liked it was secure and security at gate
Free open top bus 5mints down hill was great to beach park /main stop for busses

Plenty of food snack drinks on offer at pool bar throughout day kids loved that

4  Thank dawnybabes23
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just back yesterday and had a fantastic time. Hotel is beautiful really has the Wow factor. Got upgraded to a pool/sea view room which got the sun until it went down which was great. Rooms lovely and spacious and great having a fridge etc. Maids done a great job room always spotless. Pool great my 2 boys love it. Food was good to plenty of choice and breakfasts very good. Had read some bad reviews before I went and was getting put of mt people saying food was bad and cold. Never had a problem with food being cold and there was always plenty of choice. I think some people like to complain and I don't think they do their research when they say the hotel has nothing beside it. There is a bus stop outside hotel and also a taxi rank. 15 mins walk into Fungerola and Benalmadena it would take you about 1hr 30mins. The Beach Club was lovely But preferred our own hotel and food was a lot better. I would return again in a few years as I like to try different hotels.

5  Thank louise23