Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
jenm2016
London, United Kingdom

Another Great Holiday at Club Med La Plagne 2100

Review of La Plagne 2100
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Apr 2024
The Club is located perfectly on the slopes for true ski in/out which is a bonus.
Yes, the hotel is dated but that seems to add to its charm. Rooms are certainly adequate, although the pillows could do with being replaced.
We found the majority of the GOs to be friendly and helpful. Issues with the lights in my bathroom and toilet roll holder on arrival were efficiently dealt with by Marion on reception and the electrician and handyman both rectified the problems very quickly.
The food was largely good, varied and plentiful. Chef, his team and serving/waiting staff worked hard under pressure at each service. Special thanks to Celo who looked after our party of six extremely well. Bar staff were great, especially Samuel, but more bar staff on shift at peak times please! Housekeeping was excellent (room 751) - thank you.
ESF is, as usual, run like clockwork by Seb and Jeremy. My level 2A group was superbly guided this week by the wonderful Annaelle who gave us permission on more than one occasion to 'release the dogs'!! Overall, a (fourth) great holiday in La Plagne with Club Med. We will be back!
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    • Expedia.com
      R 2 851
    3.5 km from La Plagne 2100
    Free parking
    Sublime piscine CGH les granges du soleil
    1.5 km from La Plagne 2100
    View more hotels in Macot-la-Plagne
    Reviews (2 518)
    2 518 results
    1 271
    1 271
    All reviews ski instructor chef de village ski school la plagne oysters evening shows ski room ski service all inclusive package great holiday excellent week great weather rooms are small snow conditions family holiday great family great resort
    Selected filters
    3 - 8 of 2 518 reviews
    Reviewed 16 April 2024

Room accommodation was tight even for just two people. The continental pillows are simply not fit for intended purpose for a good nights sleep!

We were woken up every morning by the recycling lorries at 05:30am. They were still at it at 07:30am when we eventually got up to get ready for our day. Exhausted before the day even started. So much for a relaxing holiday.

Both our children (11 and 13) were injured on the slopes and we received no notification or contact from Club Med. as to their condition, where they were, or even heard from their ski instructors as they were both in ski school, or indeed Cub Med. themselves. One had a minor head injury from falling over, the other a suspected ACL tear from falling over in deteriorating skiing conditions due to warmer days.

Ski equipment was pre paid at the outset. We have been un-able so far to reclaim for days where equipment was not used (equipment returned early due to injuries and ski conditions). Reception said, speak to the team in the boot room. The boot room team said to speak to our booking agent despite booking through Club Med. Just given the run around.

The ESF ski program just seems to be about making money and no care show towards health and safety, or quality of ski instruction offered! Were it not for our children having their own mobile phones, we would probably still be in the dark as to their where-abouts. Our daughter (age 11) sat for an hour in the medical facility in La Plagne having been informed the hospital staff had contacted us. We received no SMS, no phone calls from either the hospital, or indeed the team at Club Med. She eventually called me herself. We did receive an incident report later in the evening for each event with a further questionnaire for completion. Simply not good enough!

The seating in the communal areas is basic (not comfortable, very low). The Aprés ski element was poor at the end of a days skiing. I feel they could have offered more fun, energy, excitement, food and nibbles and more staff on the bar at key times in the day.

The restaurant food was variable to say the least. Food was either under cooked, or over cooked. We were served almost raw sausages, the steak tartare left both my wife and son rushing to the toilet! The rear part of the restaurant smelled throughout our stay making for an unpleasant dining experience. Needless to say we were able to secure the same table for most evenings at the front of the restaurant. The team were accommodating moving us to another table for eight people that was more accommodating for an injured member of our party.

We stayed a La Plagne two years ago and the experience was far better last time out. Some individual staff members service and delivery was exceptional but on the most part poor to average for an all inclusive holiday. I could not work out whether it was just the fact that the season was almost at an end, and minds were already turning elsewhere, or whether the service was genuinely poor to average.

Room tip: Bring your own pillows
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Club Med, Service clients/Réception at La Plagne 2100, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2024

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We have forwarded your comments to the relevant departments for their consideration.

See you soon in one of our resorts,
    Have a nice day,

Club Med Team

Reviewed 16 April 2024

Firstly I would say ignore the bad reviews. I have just spent a week here with my teenage girls and ex husband and we had the best time. The staff were kind and courteous, the food and drink were great and plentiful, the location of the hotel which is literally on the side of the slopes was superb and nothing was too much.

Yes, the boot room gets busy, but it's not unmanageable. I was there around 8:40 every morning and always got into my ski locker and found somewhere to sit. Yes, the bar is busy but I never waited longer than 10 minutes before being served. If you don't like waiting, I suggest changing the time you arrive at the bar so you're not there at peak times, go 20 minutes earlier or 30 minutes later.

We were blessed with amazing weather, it was literally 30 degrees on the terrace on a few of the days so we were able to sit outside for lunch and drinks/nibbles at apres with the DJ playing.

Although my children are older, you could see the effort the entertainment team put in for the younger children and Willy, who is always floating about and dressed in the most hilarious outfits, was great fun.

For me, there was nothing to fault other than not being able to stay for another week! We'll be back next year.

Thanks to the entire team: Cleaners for ensuring we came back to a fresh room, receptionists for always being helpful, waiting staff in the restaurant for always being polite helping us find a table and keeping our wine glasses topped up, the chefs and servers for helping me gain a stone in weight in a week, the bar staff for creating new cocktails because I drank my way through the list in the first 24 hours, the ESF guys, especially Etienne who gave my daughter her confidence back after a first day wobble, the management team for running a tight ship and making sure everything was always running smoothly, the entertainment team for keeping us all smiling and lastly the DJ that was on holiday that took over the decks in the sunshine every afternoon meaning the regular guy got to have some time off and we got some banging 'choons'.

You can go to Club Med and not spend a penny if you choose not to eat or drink on the mountain, a massive if you want to budget your holiday in advance.

The only downside I can think of is I just wish it was cheaper so I could go twice a year.

Bon ski mes amis!

Reviewed 13 April 2024

We travelled as a party of 8, two families together and cannot fault this hotel and all its staff. From arrival we were treated with friendliness and politeness. ESF manager Seb is just amazing and his excellent communication and management skills make this experience even better. He has an excellent team of instructors and I just love Pierre. He is simply the best and I was lucky to have had him instruct me again. We arranged our skis via Clubmed and they were in the locker on arrival, no messing around with collection from another point.
    With regards to food, having read some reviews I must thoroughly disagree with the negative reviews. There is so much choice for children and adults, vegetarian, pescatarian and carnivores alike. The rooms are clean and big enough for what we needed. Cleaned daily by staff who left our pj’s in a different animal form each time.
    The entertainment team are just fabulous and encouraged all guests to participate. Lots of dancing was had on the afternoon. I cannot judge evening entertainment as I did not observed this.
    Thank you to everyone at Clubmed 2100 for making this an amazing holiday.

Reviewed 9 April 2024 via mobile

On the surface the all inclusive concept is inviting, dig deeper and all is not well here. The food is basic and not cooked properly, the drinks are basic and don’t taste like normal bar drinks. The interior is in poor condition and cleanliness is lacking, the furniture is dirty and very dated. The entertainment on the whole was good as they appear to be the only department to make an effort. All of our party of 8 contracted sickness and diarrhoea which appears to of have been at this resort since early February and the doctor on site was very dismissive of this as a concern. Having spoken to other guests it was very widespread. This hotel is in desperate need of refurbishment and does not offer presently value for money. Do your research before you book here as a ski trip

Room tip: Ski change area is chaotic at peak times, food and drinks are poor
    Date of stay: March 2024
    Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Club Med, Service clients/Réception at La Plagne 2100, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2024

Dear Guest,

See you soon in one of our resorts,
    Have a nice day,

Club Med Team

Reviewed 3 April 2024

It was amazing week,a lot of snow,amazing experience.Thanks a lot to reception they help me a lot,Anhelina,Elisa,Carlotta are top,this GO make my stay incredible here.Also Noemie and Evan at the bar team so nice. My advice to visit La Plagne.

• Trip type: Travelled solo