“Neat concept but pricey”
Review of Frog and Onion Pub

Frog and Onion Pub
Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Frog & Onion Pub is Bermuda's most unique Pub. Housed in the mid 18th century Cooperage in the historic Royal Naval Dockyard. The menu features a selection of Traditional English style pub food, innovative entrees and seafood. Home to Dockyard Brewing Company, Bermuda's only brewery.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Being a beer snob, I enjoy trying restaurants that brew their own, went their one evening with my family, yes they gave you free wifi(password changes every hour), but that being said, I got an ipa pint size at that. After enjoying a so so beer (which does not have a percentage of abv(alcohol content) listed by the way none of the ones they make do, which is in my opinion is bad form for any brewery. I was surprised/shocked to get an $11 tab I never have paid that for beer unless it was in a 24oz bottle. Not returning, but inside area was worth a looksy.

1  Thank funlver007
Reviews (1 260)

18 - 22 of 1 260 reviews

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My friends and I really enjoyed our lunch at the Frog and Onion! We enjoyed a flight of their different beers and had a great meal. Some of my friends had the pot pies, and I had a delicious fish sandwich. The french fries were excellent and none were left behind. I loved the decor of the restaurant, it felt like we were in an old English pub, complete with fireplaces, huge carpets and many coats of arms. Definitely come here if you are in the Dockyard!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Before we went to Bermuda, I did research to see if there were any craft breweries on the island. The one that kept coming up was the Frog & Onion Pub at the Dockyard. Even though we were staying on the other side of the island, my husband & I took a bus, and ferry to the Dockyard to check it out. There were 2 cruise ships in port which made the Dockyard area crowded, but the restaurant was large and historical. The rock walls are amazing, and they did a great job utilizing the buildings as they were, instead of tearing them down to create a "Cruise town". My husband had a pale ale and I had a stout and both were good. We also ordered the pretzels & potato skins with shredded pork. Both amazing! The atmosphere was comfortable, and service was great. If you are on a cruise ship, I'd recommend having a beer and eating here instead of on the ship.

1  Thank clt124
Reviewed 16 September 2017

After walking around the area, we were ready for snacks and drinks, we went into Frog & Onion Pub. It is a very old building and you can sit at a table in the very large fireplace! We had delicious bruschetta and adult beverages. Service was very friendly and attentive. The menu was varied and we were sorry we were only there for appetizers. Unfortunately, our itinerary didn't allow for a return visit, but we will make a point of a return visit if we are in Bermuda again.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

This is a fun place to get good food and local brew. Located in the dockyard near the ship. Fresh fish, pub sandwiches and very old architecture. We were told this place was owned by Benediction Arnold's nephew. Good place for lunch.