Reviews (3 015)
1 409
1 082
1 409
1 082
All reviews all inclusive package swizzle inn all inclusive plan close to the airport the bus hibiscus room crystal caves surf and turf minutes from the airport swim up bar feed the fish blue hole guest services the palm court ocean front small beach hibiscus restaurant
212 - 217 of 3 015 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Did a girl trip with my daughter march 28-april 1st....hotel is lovely, grounds beautiful, spa is in a cave on the property and is awesome, rooms are nice, good view...bout 5 minutes from the airport but you don't hear the noise...you can actually see the planes taking off...food was great...read the bad reviews about the staff but I did not witness that at all.They were very helpful and friendly...had the all-inclusive package so bus ticket are free...USE THEM!!!!..takes you all over the island and connections are fast...the famous SWIZZLE INN is walking distance from the resort and across the street from the SWIZZLE INN is a nice ice cream parlor and across from there is CRYSTAL CAVES AND FANTASY CAVES!!!...will be back!!!!!...oh forgot to tell you...roosters are rampant on the island and on the property.Children at the resort loved it.!!..I had a talk with them lil fellas about waking me up early in the morning...THEY DIDNT LISTEN...lol

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank ravnrob2
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Due to another Nor'easter I had to move my flight a day earlier and there was no availability at my already booked hotel. I ended up staying here for 1 night and was wow-ed by the gorgeousness of this hotel. The hotel is very well taken care of and highly concentrated in wood detailing throughout the entire property. Check in was fast and pleasant. The room spotless with a beautiful view of the grounds, the beach, etc. Tranquil gardens. They also have the caverns which I did not visit but I can imagine with the looks and condition of the hotel must be just as beautiful. The hotel is very close to the airport but you do not hear planes flying over. Overall, very impressed and was sad to go because I knew this hotel was a one of a kind. Glad I was able to at least experience it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank Tweety4676
Reviewed 26 March 2018

What a fantastic Resort. I stayed here 13th-20th March on the all inclusive plan. This gives you room, breakfast lunch and dinner, most drinks and an all-island bus pass for the duration of your stay. The staff here are all lovely, friendly check in at reception, great concierge and brilliant helpful restaurant team. The food is great, a varied and imaginative bar style menu in the Palm Court, or if you like it a bit posh, the Hibiscus Room will cater for you. Breakfast buffet is varied and expansive from fruit cereals, american style and full English favorites, eggs are cooked to order by a chef at a bar in the centre of the room, great fun to watch while eating. Facilities on the resort include water sports, spa, swimming pool and grotto caves. Rooms are large, clean and well appointed, Mine (826) featured a balcony, 2 large beds, bath, shower, huge TV and air-con. Best of all is the included bus card, use it to get all over the islands for attractions and site seeing, Buses are fast and frequent, with 4 separate routes serving the stop outside the gates. The bus card is supposed to be returned on check out but the lady on reception allowed me to keep it until the end of day when I was returning to collect luggage which they were storing. Only let down here was the entertainment, whilst good the first time you hear it, the second and third nights with the guy singing the same songs and doing the same awful Elmo impression for the ankle-biters it gets annoying quickly. All in all I would return. Thankyou

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view rather than an ocean front to be closer to main building
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Rich H
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay at Grotto Bay! It was only a $10 taxi ride over from the airport. Check in was quick and easy. There are steps and hills to climb from the great house to the rooms, pool and beach area. If you have issues with mobility it could be a challenge. Our room 142 was a king bed ocean view. It was cleaned daily in the morning. The free WiFi was strong in our room and even on the beach.

We did the all-inclusive plan and we felt like it was a good deal. The only thing was we ordered food from the palm bar to take to our room one day after lunch ended at 3:30p and was not told it was not included. At check out we saw the charge for it and when we questioned it they informed us only breakfast, lunch and dinner are part of the all inclusive.

The included bus/ferry pass with the all inclusive plan was a nice bonus! The bus routes are easy to navigate around the island. From the hotel we walked to Blue Hole Park, Bermuda Railway Walking Trail and Sizzle Inn. One day we took a bus to Hamilton and then the ferry to get over to the Royal Naval Dockyard to walk around the little souvenir shops in Clock Tower Mall. Another day we took a bus to St. George and walked to The Unfinished Church and Tobacco Bay but due to a storm coming in we couldn’t continue to Fort St. Catherine.

My husband and I had a couples massage in the spa cave located at Grotto Bay and found it relaxing and quite a unique experience. There is also a cave you can swim in on the hotel grounds but it was to cold for us. The beach and pool are a nice size and we had no trouble finding chairs, but being March it is the off season and can have it’s chilly days.

We found everyone in Bermuda to be very friendly and felt very safe when we were out exploring! The hotel staff was wonderful and always greeted us with a smile.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cole10_12
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this place from March 13 to 21 and couldn't be more happy with the hospitality and the location!
This place is not far from the airport so getting there was a breeze, and let alone it is amazingly quiet for being so close you can't hear the planes taking off or coming in.
The staff here are very nice people and very helpful, especially since we had a 9 month with us they always had a highchair ready and would always do their best to have it all prepared for us when we arrived for breakfast or dinner, those little things to us go so far for having a great experience.
The food we found to be amazing! Being on the all inclusive plan the prices didnt matter, and I would highly recommend getting the plan as it would be pricey if it wasn't for the deal.
Bar service was average depending on who was working the beach bar or the commons room bar, we didn't have a problem waiting for drinks considering we were on the all inclusive plan, and let alone the drinks we're very good quality, and really where do we have to be? We're on vacation!
The beach was great for our little guy and there was always a open chair to be had. The water was just beautiful and very calm, even on the windy days the waves wouldn't stop anybody from going in the water if they wanted. The pool area was good, again lots of chairs and good amount of room.The website said the pool was heated, but it wasn't anymore warmer than the ocean. This area has a hot tub and found that to be a bit of a downfall considering it was very small, being that it is March some days were cool and the hotub could really accomodate 4 people comfortably.
The room was great and the bed was very comfortable. Our little guy has a crib as requested without any issues. The only issue we found was the light coming in from the main door being it has a glass window and white blinds built into it which still brought in a lot of light. This issue affected our quality of sleep as well it was tough to get it blacked out for our little guy. I definitely would recommend the hotel put black out blinds on the door or adjust the lighting on the outside.
The grounds we're beautiful we didn't mind the slopes and stairs and didn't mind taking a longer route for the stroller access.
Overall this resort was a top 10 for us. We would love to visit it again in the future.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family