“Good service, large portions”

The Corned Beef House
Ranked #72 of 243 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped in to try a Rueben, and was not disappointed. Ordered the soup and sandwich for lunch, and recieved a bowl of soup and full sandwhich. Had great service, and lunch was reasonably priced

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Great food. Place is really small and busy so sometimes service is lacking. Go to satisfy your food craving, that's about it.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I was dying for a great corned beef sandwich, so of course I took to Trip Advisor to find the best one around my work. I came with a co-worker who also is a female. Upon entering we were largely ignored. We were told to sit where we like. The servers are pretty and young, and did a fantastic job serving everyone around us.. big smiles to all the other customers who ALL happened to be male. We weren't feeling the love and it kind of floored us because I have personally never seen this type of behavior anywhere I've eaten. I make a point of always being friendly to the servers, and always try to be a good customer. I ordered the corned beef sandwich (smallest one) and my friend ordered the reuban. We were told they were out of potato salad (bummer). My friend found her sandwich very dry and asked for more Russian dressing.. she was told they don't use Russian dressing but they use a ranch sauce. This is not how a Reuban is supposed to be made.. but she still enjoyed it. I loved the corned beef. I asked for vinegar for my fries and was told "sure, 1 second" then she went and took another order. When I eventually reminded her she reached on the shelf directly behind me and grabbed it. Literally within arms reach. Had I known, I would have grabbed it myself. The thing that bothered me is that she didn't even give me the courtesy of a "sorry about that" I didn't love the coleslaw only because I prefer it creamier. There were no smiles for us, even when we tried to joke around. There's too many little things to list that made the service unacceptable. It's too bad because I tip better than most men - but not this time. We went back to the office and told the guys we work with about the great sandwiches.. didn't mention the service.. when they came back they raved about how nice their server was.. Lol.. I am still giving 4 stars because the food was good.. and you'll be happy with the service if you're a male.

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I just finished our lunch at The Corned Beef House in Woodbridge. Highly recommend. Good choices, good food, good service and very friendly staff.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

My colleagues and I like The Corned Beef House. They were easily able to accommodate a party of 7. We all had a variety of orders - processed very efficiently by the server. Servings were generous - although the hot mustard was not really hot. Next time maybe I'll see if they have a grainy mustard.
Definitely a great go-to for a business-man's lunch!