“Quiet Place to Relax”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 4B Ranch

John Wayne Bedroom
Game Room
Outdoor Living Area
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Denise L
the Woodlands, TX
“Quiet Place to Relax”
Reviewed 13 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

This guest lodge is beautiful. It exceeded expectations. Everything was clean and in excellent condition. The beds were comfortable and the shower was great! It was stocked with towels and everything you need if you decide to cook in the kitchen. There is also an outdoor kitchen which my husband loved! The area was super quiet and relaxing. The boys and my husband also loved playing pool on 2 of the 6 nights we stayed there. The things that I didn't like has nothing to do with the accommodations, I'm just not used to staying in the "country". Had so many bugs at night-outside! And was over an hour from a grocery store. Make sure to take lots of food with you upon arrival. We had brought some but had to go the following day to the grocery store because there is really no place to get take out or to eat-in that is close by. I do love that area of Texas which I had never been and I definitely would go back and be more prepared. We also took an excursion or safari of the property which is amazing and my boys loved it! It's a great place to unwind and relax away from the daily chores and work life. We could not have asked for a better place to stay!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Mama_Chat
Mama_Chat
“Here lies peace and solitude and nature at its finest.”
Reviewed 21 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

It was a misty, damp 64 degrees the day we arrived at 4 B ranch for our weekend getaway. Standing in the middle of this 700 acre ranch I felt we are on top of the world, if not on top of Medina County. I wished there was sun so we could see the 360° view. What surrounded us was a sea of mist—silver upon green upon silver upon green—dissolving into the sky. Really, who needs the sun?

The two bedroom guest lodge is pristine. It sparkles. The ceiling soars. Wild game trophies line the walls of the great room. The furniture is soft squishy leather. Two walls of windows allow the view to come in even if it is too cold and damp to sit outside. The kitchen is great and has anything you will need to fix a meal; or you can walk through the glass doors, stepping outside to the Fischer Paykel grill in the large outdoor kitchen under the large covered patio. There is also a fire pit for cozy evenings outdoors. Here lies peace and solitude and nature at its finest.

Both Jeff—the owner, and Ronnie—the ranch manager are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I can’t think of a better place to be with family or close friends…or just the one person you love most in the world.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing