All reviews rick's chophouse downtown mckinney chop house romance package exposed brick chocolate covered strawberries antique furniture great shops and restaurants free valet parking shopping and dining comfortable king great downtown historic area two blocks romantic getaway nice furnishings attending a wedding
Reviewed 11 March 2018

As a former resident of historic downtown McKinney for 18 years, I can vouch for the excellent location of the Grand Hotel. You can walk everywhere you want to go downtown - restaurants, wine clubs, restaurants, shops, and the historic neighborhoods. We've since moved away and stayed overnight to visit friends. A couple of notes - be sure you check whether the room has a window if you desire one, some don't. The towels are amazing and we plan to buy some. However, the pillows are small so request extra. Take full advantage of the valet parking as the new parking garage is not yet built.

Room tip: Ask for a window or your room will be dark.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I was disappointed in my stay at The Grand. The front desk service was off-putting and we had much difficulty parking upon arrival. The walls are thin and any noise is easily heard. The rooms are small and stuffy. The heat did not work, so we were terribly cold even after complaining to the front desk about temperature. Room service did not provide us with silverware and cleaning services were poor. I would not stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Nice older hotel with a very traditional home feel. Comfy beds and very friendly staff. Walking downtown is very nice and seemed really safe. Rooms are a little dark but otherwise are really nice. The restaurant that is attached to the hotel is wonderful, best steak I ever had.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 821tamyv
Reviewed 16 December 2017

I stayed at this hotel during the mid week for three nights . I enjoyed my stay very much. The room was on the fourth floor and was very clean and decorated nice. Comfortable bed nd everything was as it should be. I got the room booked through a ravel website at a great rate and would come back again . Parking is somewhat of a issue during the busy hours of the day but not a deal breaker

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

If you like expensive old hotels with tiny rooms, no sound proofing, a small TV with less than average reception, barely adequate amenities, and an indifferent front desk staff, then this hotel is for you. It does have free WiFi. It's all smoke and mirrors compared to their photos of the rooms.
We also had the misfortune of being there during the McKinney Holiday Festival. Traffic was terrible, roads barricades off and parking was impossible to find near the hotel. We ended up rolling our luggage over 8 blocks only to be told there was Valet Parking available a block away for $10. Knowing the problems the Festival was causing their guests, perhaps a phone call or email earlier in the day apologizing for the inconvenience and clear directions to their Valet Parking which should have been free to guests would have been nice. We will sleep in our car before staying here again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple