“Good”
Review of LaVenture

LaVenture
Reserve with OpenTable
LaVenture is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 35 Restaurants in Marfa
Price range: US$12 - US$48
Description: Helmed by award-Executive Chef Stephen Trevino, LaVenture brings refreshing culinary refinement to Marfa while celebrating its culture and authenticity. Seasonal menus feature rustic American-style and continental cuisine married with regional flavors and ingredients. LaVenture emphasizes heritage meats, handmade pasta and seafood entrees, and signature shared plates, complemented by well-curated international wine offerings incorporating small production and family-owned wineries. LaVenture’s atmosphere is both relaxed and convivial - providing an essential dining destination for Marfa's visitors and locals alike.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We visited LaVenture while staying a night at the Saint George.

At check in, we were informed that if seated at the bar, entrees were half off for the month. I'm guessing they are needing to up the interest in the restaurant and possibly overcome some of the mixed reviews (if it wasn't for the promotion, we'd likely gone elsewhere).

Menu is limited, but we both found something interesting. I was surprised by the lack of vegetarian/vegan entrees on the menu (especially given that this is Marfa). I'm sure they'll accommodate needs, but some would rather not have to ask.

I ordered the snapper, and my wife had a veggie pizza and Cesar salad. Everything was good. The snapper was cooked about perfect, and the side (rice) was great. The pizza and salad were also tasty (pizza had a nice mix of veggies). Now, don't think that this is a substitute for the Pizza Foundation!

The service was just ok. Waters weren't refilled and I wasn't asked if I needed another drink.

All that said, given the special, it made for a nice dinner at a steal of a price. At regular price, I would have likely been more disappointed with the service, and only given them a 3 (so, their scheme worked!).

1  Thank jvm123

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Worst BBQ Brisket sandwich EVER. Cut into cubes that were tough and rubbery. Meat was barely warm. French Fries were good except cheese.

Emily W, Manager at LaVenture, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

We sincerely apologize that your meal was disappointing, and your feedback has been shared with appropriate management. We strive to offer an excellent experience to every one of our guests, and do hope that we have the opportunity to deliver just that on another occasion in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We took advantage of the May special of 50% off the dinner menu when eaten at the bar. Even at full price I would not change my rating. Although not a lot of options (maybe like 5-6 entrees) I found the menu choices were a perfected would appeal to anyone's taste. The pan seared scallop appetizer was superb. My husband had the bone in ribeye both nights and claimed it was one of the best steaks he's had. I had the chicken which was great and the next night the snapper. I preferred the chicken though although the snapper was fine too. The salads are huge and definitely to be shared or as a meal itself. Desert of a lemon tart was incredible. The bar staff were also very friendly and attentive and visiting with the other guests seated next to us was another plus to eating at the bar.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

we had several dishes & none were good. I could go into details--OK, I will. The Caesar salad dressing was out of a bottle but isn't everyone these days & then there wasn't enough of it--barely dressed. Chicken over breaded & over cooked--not tasty in any way. Shrimp tough with cocktail sauce bland. Parmesan fries were fries & that's all. I'm sorry we didn't eat at EL Pisano. I can't imagine it could be that bad,
chi

Emily W, Manager at LaVenture, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

We are certainly sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your meal. Our service staff strives to make every experience here a positive one, and will gladly substitute any dishes that don't meet our guests' expectations. We do hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and if there is further feedback you'd like to share, please contact us at ewilliams@marfasaintgeorge.com.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Staying at the hotel we ate dinner, breakfast and lunch here. Dinner was most disappointing. This is not a formal restaurant but a bar spread out over the first floor. Loud bar music dominates. A limited dinner menu offers uninspiring choices. The snapper was overcooked and the steak OK but with no sauce or extra flavoring. Breakfast was adequate but the eggs were overcooked. lunch was quite good with a fresh salad and chicken. This is an expensive hotel. Its customers should be served food in a manner equivalent with its setting and elegance.

Emily W, Manager at LaVenture, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

We sincerely apologize that your dinner in Bar Saint George was disappointing, and your feedback has been shared with appropriate management. We strive to offer an excellent experience to every one of our guests, and do hope that we have the opportunity to deliver just that on your next visit to Marfa and Hotel Saint George.