“Good Home Cooking”
Review of Cotton Patch Cafe

Cotton Patch Cafe
Ranked #7 of 134 Restaurants in Lufkin
Cuisines: American
Description: Cotton Patch Cafe is a Texas-inspired, home-style restaurant serving Southern classics. Famous for its Chicken Fried Steak, Crispy Fried Catfish and other specials like the King Ranch Chicken Casserole, and homemade Chicken and Dumplings. Don't forget about all the fresh, made from scratch sides! Cotton Patch Cafe is Southern Comfort food at its best!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We enjoy Cotton Patch Cafe for the food. It is good home cooking.

The restaurant is not large which makes it hard to get into at popular times like after Church or Friday nights especially if you have a large group.

The food is good home cooking with familiar dishes. For steaks I would probably go elsewhere but enjoy the food they serve. We usually get service here. Parking is sometimes crowded. All in all it is a nice restaurant

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This is good southern food at reasonable prices. I was surprised by the quality of the food and friendly service. Chicken fried chicken with garlic mashed and green beans was fantastic comfort food. My wife had a salad that was one of the best she's ever had. I understand this is a regional chain but the food is great! Better choice than Cracker Barrel in my opinion.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

It has been a while since our last visit. We all ordered the Cajun Duo which is a piece of catfish covered in a buttery sauce and with either 4 or 8 shrimp. It was good and hot. No complaint here. The rolls were not as hot as I would have anticipated and the service was good. I think this might be their best dish on the menu.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

They have fantastic country cooking. I have tried several different plate combinations, meatloaf, chicken fried steak, etc. It's hard to say which is my favorite. Teir vegetables and cornbread are fantastic as well.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Plenty of parking, fast seating, excellent service. Look them up and join their club online before you go and you’ll get an email for a free appetizer ($5). We got a small bowl of queso and salsa with plenty of light crisp tortilla chips. The rolls were hot and the butter was fluffy. I️ had the chicken and dumplings, and the flavor was wonderful. One of my friends enjoyed the strawberry salad, one had a sandwich and one had s hamburger that looked great.

1  Thank MsSarah